• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm falling to pieces; any.
    I wish I could feel it all for you, I wish I could do it all for you

She watches him as she blurts out her words, and she doesn’t miss that he is uncomfortable. Kellyn can’t help but wonder – is he uncomfortable, like her, because his whole world has been changed because the fae think they are all ungrateful (Kellyn resents this – perhaps she had been born with the time-changing but that’s because her father had done something special to get it; and she herself had earned her mediumship from Carnage, through fire and brimstone and lots of other scary, nightmare-inducing things)?

Or is he uncomfortable for another reason? The long, awkward pause makes her think perhaps it’s the second, and perhaps he’s uncomfortable because he’s mute or something, but finally he speaks.
    And of course, doesn’t answer any of her questions. Kellyn sighs a little, looking around but always keeping him in the corner of her vision no matter what. She still doesn’t see any of them – and so she is annoyed at all of them. The awkward creature in front of her who didn’t answer her question, and her family for disappearing. They could have left a note. Smoke signals. Something.

Perhaps they left on purpose. The strawberry girl is not the easiest to be around, perhaps they had decided she isn’t worth it. That fills her with emotion too, half an unfamiliar and uncomfortable feeling of loss, and half bright and shiny fury. “I’m Kellyn.” she response, blinking at him as she tries to focus on him and not her own problems. Her words and short and clipped, but not overly sharp and she is satisfied that her fury underneath her skin is contained. “So…have you been here long? Did you see them?”

Kellyn
    the girl who walks in time and talks to ghosts
    daughter of cagney and elite

Messages In This Thread
    i'm falling to pieces; any. - by Thiago - 01-08-2017, 11:45 AM
    RE: i'm falling to pieces; any. - by Kellyn - 01-08-2017, 11:02 PM
    RE: i'm falling to pieces; any. - by Thiago - 01-12-2017, 05:08 PM
    RE: i'm falling to pieces; any. - by Kellyn - 01-19-2017, 08:02 PM
    RE: i'm falling to pieces; any. - by Thiago - 02-21-2017, 04:19 PM
    RE: i'm falling to pieces; any. - by Kellyn - 02-24-2017, 05:25 PM