• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Devin.
    -Raeg'n-
    The woman seemed to consider her request, studying her for a moment then looking off in another direction and down. Her honeyed eyes followed as the dirt and debris shifted about. The skeleton of some poor creature long dead rose from its shallow grave. She seemed to give it life in some way, and it darted between them like something re-living, ambling as though it still had muscle tissue and skin. Eventually, it got distant and crumpled lifeless to the ground.

She turned back to the woman, a secret tinge of fear in her eyes as she confirmed: she controls bones. Raeg'n was by nature entirely fearless, but this... This one might be a magic she would not be able to heal from. Calcuation replaced that brief instance of fear, and she mulled it over impassively as she stared at the mare.

Control her bones, maybe. Break them? They'd just heal, as they always did. Instantly. But would the mage be able to hold them broken? Would she feel pain for once? No, not for once. She'd felt pain before the Fairy returned her magic. Nevertheless, how would a magic like this effect her? She was itching to know for certain, however she also was reluctant to allow anyone learn of any sort of vulnerability. If Carwyn could counter her healing magic, she sure as hell didn't want her to know it. Or anyone.

However. To have her use it on someone else.. That would indeed be helpful. She couldn't even imagine how much aid that would give Raeg'n. Her eyes refocused and she nodded at her again.

I may seek your assistance one day. I hope you will lend it. I live in Tephra if you ever have need of me for anything. Do not hesitate to request me. She managed a kind smile, though her mind was still reeling with what she'd learned. And she turned and walked home.

Image © Wizards of the Coast LLC

Messages In This Thread
    Devin. - by Raeg'n - 01-07-2017, 08:44 PM
    RE: Devin. - by Carwyn - 01-08-2017, 11:47 AM
    RE: Devin. - by Raeg'n - 01-09-2017, 04:32 PM
    RE: Devin. - by Carwyn - 01-09-2017, 07:57 PM
    RE: Devin. - by Raeg'n - 01-11-2017, 08:30 PM