• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as black as your soul; rhae

She certainly did not make this easy on him.

Frustration flared in his chest at her dumbfounded response, but he didn’t dwell on it. Instead, he kept his gaze calm and soft, doing his best to bring the stupid glow to his eyes that he had seen on the faces of those who had tricked themselves into thinking that they were in love. “Yes, darling,” he said softly in his velvet voice, lips trailing along her pretty neck until they reached her jaw where they lingered. His breath expelled there, and he took in her scent, thankful that she at least smelled pleasant enough.

“You should miss me because you love me,” there was confidence in his voice as he breathed it next to her throat, pulling back slightly so that he could search her eyes. “You do…you do love me right?” He placed a hitch in his voice, breaking his features softly with confusion. There was a hint of hurt as he turned his horned head away as if overwhelmed, looking away and breath coming faster than it had.

“I just assumed,” he said when looking away, dark eyes gleaming and then closing as he turned back to her. When they opened, the hurt was palpable on his face. “I just thought you did.” His mouth turned into a frown and although he wished to touch her possessively, to own her, he held back, restrained with this play. “I mean,” he dipped his head and looked up from beneath his thick lashes, “I love you, after all.”

He loved the way she will break, is what he thought, but he kept it locked away. He loved the way that she would bend to his will. He loved the way that she squirmed beneath the pressure of the Fear. But for now, he pantomimed the motions of a stallion in love with her beauty, her kindness. For now, he placed himself in this faux vulnerable position, handsome and hurting and waiting on her to confirm their love.

Bruise
    head like a hole; as black as your soul.

Messages In This Thread
    as black as your soul; rhae - by bruise - 12-31-2016, 03:37 AM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by Rhae - 12-31-2016, 12:07 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by bruise - 01-07-2017, 08:30 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by Rhae - 01-07-2017, 09:58 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by bruise - 01-08-2017, 01:57 AM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by Rhae - 01-08-2017, 01:52 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by bruise - 01-08-2017, 09:23 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by Rhae - 01-09-2017, 06:18 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by bruise - 01-14-2017, 12:31 AM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by Rhae - 01-14-2017, 05:39 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by bruise - 01-15-2017, 02:05 AM