• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wish I could do it all for you; Harmonia
    I wish I could feel it all for you, I wish I could do it all for you

She has no idea how close she is to her family as she wanders aimlessly in the Meadow. They are here too, uprooted from the Tundra and thrust into a life with no home. A good mother would be worried, perhaps, even about her mostly-grown daughters, but Kellyn knows that would be stupid. Her grandfather, with whom she left the girls, is fiercely protective of his family, and even without any of his gifts, he has proven himself a warrior of repute. If he can’t protect them, nothing will. And anyway, at some point they need to learn to protect themselves.

Kellyn did. Not that her family abandoned her. Her mother did, of course, before she was ever born, even though Kellyn would have been the one child she wanted. So many children that Elite dismissed as useless; untraited, helpless things, and Elite did not love them. But when Kellyn came along, complete with her father’s power over time, Elite might as well have been dead. And by the time she wasn’t, Kellyn was long gone. But her paternal family had been strong – a father who loved her, a brother, a grandfather, lots of half-siblings. But even they couldn’t keep her from Carnage, and a quest, and the end of time and space.

She had too much of her mother in her to ever be satisfied with the family life in the Tundra.

Perhaps in this way, she is also like the mare who she comes across now. Like Harmonia, Kellyn is small and relatively delicate of stature, with a coat of pleasant strawberry roan and a smile and personality that often convinced people she was a charming creature. And she was, much of the time. “Hello,” she responds, stopping to look at the gold-and-white mare with a curious tilt of her head and brightening of her eyes. This is what she wanted, after all. Something to happen. “I’m Kellyn,” she offers her name, and waits.

Kellyn
    the girl who walks in time and talks to ghosts
    daughter of cagney and elite

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wish I could do it all for you; Harmonia - by Kellyn - 01-18-2017, 01:17 PM