• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wish I could do it all for you; Harmonia
    I wish I could feel it all for you, I wish I could do it all for you

She hadn’t been…present when the fae had come to remove their powers. As a rule, she rarely was. Perhaps her father and her grandfather had done their best to offer her a grounding influence, a normal family, but in truth they may have been better parents than Elite but normal wasn’t really in their vocabulary either. Two men with a poor grasp of the passing of time, both depressed by ones they’d lost, raising a capricious child with the ability to affect time…? Yeah, good luck.

So she hadn’t been “present” when the fae had called them all to the mountain. Not really. She’d been before, somewhere in her past, watching herself make the terrible choices that led her to being a mother not once, but twice. Kellyn wasn’t the world’s worst mother, either; but she didn’t really understand them. Carwyn was more like her great-grandfather, like her grandfather would have been if he hadn’t been in love with Elite, and so she was less mercurial than her mother. And Cassady – Cassady was unsettling. Cassady was already everything that Kellyn hated about herself, and little that she loved. Well. It only made sense. One had extra Brennen in her heritage, and one had extra Carnage. Kellyn loves them, she does, but she uses time to escape them. It’s not like they miss her, with Brennen to care for them in her absence.

But even lost in time, she can feel the pull of the fae. It’s slower to reach her, because she is in the past, but it’s not escapable. In fact, when it’s done with the others it pulls stronger on her, and she goes to the place it says but there is no mountain yet. The strawberry girl frowns at the land, uncertain, but the uncomfortable tug continues. She releases her hold on time and it starts to speed up, returning her to the present, and she watches. Watches as they build the mountain, destroy the Kingdoms and the only homes she has ever known, watches as they draw all of the Beqannians to them. And then…as she hits the present…it’s gone. Kellyn feels the dissonance go out of her life, the not-quite-right feeling of time manipulation, and the more recent voices of the ghosts. And she’s alone, and for the first time in her life, she is powerless.

And she hates it.

Kellyn doesn’t know where to look for her family, the ones she left behind in the Tundra, so she goes to Meadow, a place she did know, and she waits. Someone will have to come along.

Kellyn
    the girl who walks in time and talks to ghosts
    Temporarily Immortal
    daughter of cagney and elite

@[Harmonia]

Messages In This Thread
    I wish I could do it all for you; Harmonia - by Kellyn - 12-30-2016, 11:06 AM