• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dont go through the front door [deimos]
    POTION & ECCO
    Autumn. The wind bends around the two women as they watch the other horses mingle. Potion’s lavender mane blows like a whip to the other side of her neck, her tail following with a snap. Ecco remains placid as her own tangles, wrapping around and around itself like pieces of a thick rope. Both stand tall and proud on the crest of a hill, a steep drop off at their feet, the forest to their backs. The grass beneath them prematurely yellows, a wide circle of decay that they take little notice of- it is so commonplace for the two. The chill is insubstantial at present, it is the gusts that lay waste to the land, blowing the leaves from the trees until the branches are bare.

One such leaf finds itself nestled in Potion’s hair, the mare next to her touches it lightly with the tip of her nose, sending it crumbling into dust.

“Don’t fuss over me Ecco, soon enough I’ll be able to go to the fairies and be restored.” The words were concrete, leaving her with a certainty and the younger mare heaved a sigh, turning her grey head back towards the scene below them. “I know,” she replied, her teeth clicking together at the end. “It’s just, ugh why must we wait. Go to him, I know he’ll help you too Mother, it’s not high price you should know you-”

“Enough.” There was a firmness in her tone that stopped her daughter from continuing, a finality to the word and Ecco stopped short in her long winded tirade. Lectures from a child were the last thing she needed, to be retold a story she knew first hand was another unnecessary interaction. “Do not assume to retell me of your making, I was there,” she hissed, the breath leaking from her lips like a slow air leak. Ecco bit her tongue and took a moment to direct her attention elsewhere.

“So, which one do you think won’t make the winter?” Ah yes, one of her favorite games and one her Mother would humor her with.

Potion blinked, resettling herself and craned her neck over the ledge, scanning the drying meadow and the horses within it. “The bay, second to the left- no not the one with the blaze, there” she called as she watched her daughter’s eyes roam the gathered.
    dont you open up that window, dont you let out that antidote
    word count: 410 -accrued points: 26  -HTML by Call

@[Deimos] um yeah, come chat with the girls

Messages In This Thread
    dont go through the front door [deimos] - by Potion|Ecco - 12-18-2016, 11:17 PM