• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

find me; simeon
    Teal
    Nose lowered halfway to the ground, she kept a brisk pace, letting various scents be her guide. Her tail whipped her flank every so often in growing irritation and anxiety. Her heartbeat was racing, and blind eyes stared wide and fearful. Everything was different. It was all so wrong now. It had been so right, but now was all so very wrong.

Where have you gone?

It wasn't so long ago when she had a warm body pressed against her, keeping her warm through the time of the Cold. Safe, for once. The Cold had always been so lonely before, but this time she had someone. He'd actually managed to gain her trust, her Caveman, which had always been a great challenge for any. She was foolish. In a time of doubt, fearing he'd leave, she'd chosen to be the one to walk away first. It hurt less that way. It's what she kept telling herself.

She jerked back violently as the soft velvet of her muzzle was pricked for the second time. Tentative huffs in that direction told her it was the same breed of flower as the last time. And to her dismay, more investigation determined it to be the very same bush with a drop of her blood still lingering about its leaves. She growled in frustration. She was going in circles again!

With an angry spin, she set off in the opposite direction. Damn her if she ran into that vicious shrub again!

Warm fluid seeped from her pathetic injuries; a slow and gradual trickle. It was only the most recent pair of abrasions to join the myriad of old nicks and cuts marking her pretty face. Milky white hair curtained a great number of them, shielded the world from her opaque eyes. And beneath the colorless forelock, a rich, soft gold. Things she would never see, never understand, as she struggled to find her way by smell alone.

Oomph! -

She rebounded from yet another obstacle. This one was hard but thankfully not rough enough to autograph its passing with another scar. Her shoulders slumped in defeat. She'd never find him. She'd never even get out of this.. wherever she was. He was lost for good and so was she.

Lost and alone.

Messages In This Thread
    find me; simeon - by Teal - 12-06-2016, 09:32 PM
    RE: find me; simeon - by Simeon - 12-27-2016, 02:16 AM
    RE: find me; simeon - by Teal - 01-02-2017, 12:11 PM