• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

Something in his chest catches when she confirms that they are indeed the sisterhood from the Jungle and his eyes grow a little stormy in thought. The Jungle had been his childhood home and, in many ways, he had always considered it the home of his heart. He had resided in many kingdoms throughout his life, but the Jungle had always been first and foremost in his mind; he still mourned its sudden death.

“I am glad to know that the Sisterhood has survived,” he finally managed, his expression still smooth, his voice seemingly unaffected by the emotions roiling in his stomach. At her next question, he dips his head but stays quiet a moment, letting the thought of it wash over him. Finally, he answers, “I grew up there.” Another pause, “My mother was Queen at the time. I spent most of my childhood in the Jungle.”

He turns his head to look toward Lucrezia and listens as she speaks. It was indeed a blessing that all of the jungle women had found one another again and were rebuilding. At Nayl’s offer, he simply smiles. “I would very much like to see it for myself. Perhaps Lucrezia and I will visit sooner than you think.” Not soon enough to be obtrusive, but soon enough that the offer’s statute of limitations hadn't worn out.

“Is there anything in particular you would like to see while here? Anything you would like to learn?”

Magnus didn’t mean to rush the visit or make her feel uncomfortable, but he also didn’t want to make her feel as if she had to push for answers. She had, after all, come here for a reason and he was not interested in making it difficult for her to find it. There was nothing for him to hide in Tephra.

out of the blue out into the loneliest place that you'll ever know
    I carried the world just as far as I could but the damage had taken its toll

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Nayl - 11-27-2016, 11:28 PM
    RE: anyone; - by magnus - 11-28-2016, 01:26 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 11-28-2016, 09:41 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Lucrezia - 11-28-2016, 11:12 PM
    RE: anyone; - by magnus - 12-06-2016, 03:10 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 12-11-2016, 09:23 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Lucrezia - 12-18-2016, 02:54 PM
    RE: anyone; - by magnus - 12-26-2016, 12:46 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 01-07-2017, 01:44 PM