• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  time deceives us | fate she hears us [ANY/ALL]
    — find what you love and let it kill you —

Clark had gone quiet, to which Magnus had chalked up to the difficulty of speaking in the biting cold.

He swung his head to the black brute and his gold-flecked eyes sparked with interest. It was not often that someone volunteered to join him back home. More often than not, he had to sell them on it, which was never truly his gift. He did his best to be honest about his home and then guide them to what best suited for them. He had, before, recommended another home when he knew his was not the best for them. But that was before the earth imploded, before everything had changed. Now, he only had rumors to operate off of; he had no real way of knowing what the other lands were like. He could only tell them of his.

“I would never mind the company, if it is being offered.” He paused to glance to the painted stallion, wondering if Clark’s initial upset had eased or if he was simply masking a similar anxiety. “It is called Tephra and it is just north of here, a fairly short trek, all considering.” Another pause as he swung his head in Tephra’s direction, motioning toward it. “I must warn you that it is also home to a rather large volcano, but you get used to it. You just need to learn to step gingerly around the hotter bits.”

Clearing his throat, he took a step back. “If you would like, we can go visit it now. If it suits you, we would love to have your company.” Another look to Clark. “The invitation is open to you, as well.” He did not bother to mention that he was considered the leader of the land, since it was different from serving as its King. He was not royal and did not consider him above the rest of the land. He simply helped guide the land in its infancy and did his best to protect its inhabitants. Soon, he would pass the burden.

“Shall we?”

magnus

feel free to post there, @[Dahmer]!
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    break some bread for all my sins - by Dahmer - 11-13-2016, 04:36 PM
    break some bread for all my sins - by Dahmer - 11-14-2016, 08:44 PM
    RE: time deceives us | fate she hears us [ANY/ALL] - by Dahmer - 11-25-2016, 08:35 PM
    RE: time deceives us | fate she hears us [ANY/ALL] - by magnus - 11-27-2016, 09:49 PM