• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as residents among the trees. [Ruan/ALL MANDATORY]

now don’t you understand…that I’m never changing who I am?
    The time had come; the fairies had given their troth to Demian and Romek, and yet the two great stallions—for all the power they possessed—had not been able to keep the forest alight with life and love and laughter. Indeed, it had been Ruan and Reagan, and their kin, who had kept the embers aglow, and it was now as the grey mare made her entrance into the grotto—the clearing where gathered near the heart of the forest—that she addresses them all now, silently calling out with her heart to Ruan, her lover, and her daughters.

“Romek has vanished; where the tiger has gone, it is not certain, but I wish him well in his endeavors and will gladly take him back into the fold should he ever choose to make his home back here with us among the trees. It is my only hope, Maribel, that you should choose to continue living with us—I fear that I would miss you too much to let you and your daughters go so easily.”

She took a breath then, searching the small band—she is not sure how many are left, or even if they will rally behind her—for signs of her family. Then she speaks again. “Demian also has become a ghost among the mysts, but for the time being, his influence here will stand. We can only hope that he makes an appearance before the season is over, lest he too shall lose to the influence of the trees in this forest.”

Ruan and I are, with Romek’s last parting gift, stepping up as caretakers of the forest, and of you, any of whom are left. If you are here, and wish to continue living here as such, please make your decision known, so that we can know how best to proceed with living here in the Taiga.”

OOC: Essentially, Reagan and Ruan are taking over, simply because they are more active and we don’t wish to see this place fall inactive or silent. If you guys want to stay, cool. We want to promote activity, and we want recruits. I’m not sure how different the ranks will be—probably not at all different—but I wanted to get a quick post up before I took my kids to school.

Messages In This Thread
    as residents among the trees. [Ruan/ALL MANDATORY] - by Reagan - 11-08-2016, 03:33 AM