• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

paint it black; smidge

Eyes of different shades of blue are wide as they stare up at him, the dim light that reaches in from the cave's mouth reflecting in their depths. She doesn't quite know yet what to make of him and all of his ginormous glory, the black clinging to his coat like night on the sky. It never occurs to her to be afraid, not even a little, that she had awoken in a dark cave- alone- with a very large man. Afterall, he had sorta saved her from the coldest night she can ever remember trying to survive. He's like a hero or something! So she smiles sweetly at him as she waits to hear who he is.

And then he's speaking, and her smiling lips slowly fall open and her eyes transfix on him. His voice echoes on the walls of his home, the baritone reverberating in the space and in her little chest. Her heart quickens its pace at the sensation, and she almost doesn't even catch the words he's actually saying for the warmth that curiously spreads throughout her body. Totally in awe, the girl thinks she could listen to him talk forever. Suddenly though, his words register as he falls silent and she shivers at the thought of going back to her hollowed tree, alone.

Quickly, she shakes her head and burrows her fuzzy little face against his side, right in the crook of his shoulder and elbow. "No, no! I'm good, this is good! Thank you, um, Lior. I mean, I love my tree. It's comfy in there. But this is comfy too, and warm. Warm is so nice. You're sooo warm." She hadn't been looking at him, with her face nuzzled against him, but she falls silent as she realizes she was babbling. Embarrassing. Slowly, she pulls her face away and peers up at Lior once more, meeting his cool gray gaze. Gray like the stones of his cave, she noticed. She smiles again, softly, hoping he doesn't think of her as some silly child after all that rambling. "I'm Smidgen."

Smidgen!

Great Things come in Small Packages

Sorry for the delay!! <333

Messages In This Thread
    paint it black; smidge - by Lior - 11-07-2016, 08:45 AM
    RE: paint it black; smidge - by Smidgen - 11-07-2016, 09:00 PM
    RE: paint it black; smidge - by Lior - 11-28-2016, 09:54 PM
    RE: paint it black; smidge - by Smidgen - 12-08-2016, 03:11 PM