• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

give me something to believe in; any

He mirrored her step forward, and her eyes flashed with mild curiosity. That's interesting. As soon as his mouth opened he rose in standing above the others she'd met. All others save for Ea, the only female thus far that she just might get on with. Not that she'd ever claim as much to either of them.

She frowned as he mentioned the King of the Sea, starfish tribes, and a whale kingdom. Did he take her for a fool? Was he mocking her intelligence? Surely he didn't think she was gullible enough to believe those fairytales. "Maybe surviving the death of the sun each night makes me feel more alive, invincible." She scoffs at his melodrama, but doesn't interrupt. Fancy words for such a dull boy.

A slow grin shifts his so-serious features into something.. Well, sort of charming, were she naive enough to fall for it. Her eyes just barely narrowed. Particularly with that steady gaze. So, of course she doesn't show any sign of that awkward little flutter attacking her from the inside. He was the only one even close to her age that she'd met here, so she shrugged it off as natural instinct and forgave herself for the girlish slip. Just this once.

"Or perhaps I am as dim-witted as you say and simply enjoy a pretty sunset," he continued with a shrug. She wasn't sure she could believe that anymore, but there was still time yet for him to screw it up. Then he gave his name: Sabrael. It was an improvement from Statue, she supposed. Rolled off the tongue smoother, for certain. Sabrael it is then.

"Enjoying paradise yet?"

Hah. That's rich. She shifted her weight easily as she matched his stare with brown eyes. Paradise is a notion for fools. You aren't a fool, are you, Sabrael? she goaded. It seemed her night was becoming more entertaining, no longer the restless stroll of a lone girl with a lashing tongue. People tended to keep their distance. Or quickly learned to.

Is there so much fluff in your skull you'd believe in sea kings and fishy tribes? Someone's at least taught you some vocabulary. She scrutinized him a moment with pursed lips, letting a quiet grow between them. Well, she supposed it wouldn't hurt to stick around a bit longer and see what more she could learn of him. She definitely hadn't seen him before now.

Wallace. How long are you in Ischia? I've never seen you around. Is this gloomy staring-at-the-sky thing a nightly ritual for you or something?

Wallace

Messages In This Thread
    give me something to believe in; any - by Sabrael - 10-27-2016, 03:47 PM
    RE: give me something to believe in; any - by Wallace - 11-01-2016, 07:53 PM