• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am so infinitesimal; Djinni
    Her mother hadn’t been all that enthusiastic about letting her wander about on her own. She’d seen her mother’s heart drop when she’d first asked the question, and had waited with baited breath as the chestnut mare had mulled over the decision. 

But, in the end, Mama had let her go. 

She knows why, of course. It’s why she’d dared to ask in the first place. Besides the fact that Lumi is almost three (almost an adult in her own right) Mama hasn’t missed the recent tensions between Lumi and Taiga.

It’d been, sort of all right, before. Being the only ungifted member of the family that is. She’d been jealous of course (who wouldn’t?), but she’d managed. Daddy, Mama, Newton and Rowling (and later Scholar) had been so nice about it all - while they’d still used their abilities around her, they hadn’t shown off, hadn’t forced her own ungifted-ness back in her face. And while Taiga had tried, it hadn’t bothered Lumi as much as Taiga had hoped it would. Turning into a snowman is pretty useless after all.

But then the change had happened. Daddy and Mama had convinced the boys to take immortality, so they’d all been pretty much in the same position. There’s not much you can do with immortality after all, besides, well, not die. But Taiga? Taiga had relished the opportunity to have a trait she could truly rub in her sister’s face. 

Her little sister had insisted upon the wings and ever since the feathery appendages had sprouted from her little shoulders, she's spent every moment possible shoving them in Lumi’s face.

And … Lumi needs a break. A break from her sister, a break from her family. And her mother had recognized it.

And so Lumi had slipped away across the meadow, and into a place that she hasn’t had much opportunity to explore since the change - the forest. A small, happy sigh escapes her as slips into the trees at the edge of the woods. It’ll be nice to have some peace and quiet for a bit.

@[kahzie]

Messages In This Thread
    I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 09-29-2016, 11:01 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 10-02-2016, 12:38 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 10-03-2016, 12:01 AM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 10-10-2016, 01:33 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 10-12-2016, 07:05 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 10-15-2016, 12:44 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 10-22-2016, 09:53 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 10-25-2016, 01:51 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 11-01-2016, 04:05 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 11-07-2016, 02:31 PM