• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt
    Akkadian
    "Awk-ay-dee-Uhn"
    A smile crept across his lips as she leaned into his touch. So little, just a sprite of a thing. He let her words sink in as he took another step into her personal space. Her tone was even, matter-of-fact. If she held pain of her abandonment, she clutched it tight and hid it from the world. So young and untried, and already the makings of a strong creature.

I have no family either he admitted. It was not entirely the truth, and yet it was profoundly honest. He, too, had been abandoned, so his true family was a mystery. The one that raised him had all been murdered, in a faraway land. Only his sister from that family yet lived. But even there, that was not truth, for like him, her blood was also not of his king's and queen's.

He shifted closer and lined her up to his side, his velvet muzzle snaking down and pushing gently into her neck. Her scent was as sweet as a baby could be, and he thought that fire in her eyes might be ebbing a little, trusting him. He gave her a firm nudge, testing her stability on her awkward child's legs. If he were to consider taking her from this place, she'd have to keep up with him. Was he really thinking he could care for a kid? He must be losing his sanity.

Messages In This Thread
    I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Lanora - 09-18-2016, 06:27 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Akkadian - 09-21-2016, 09:33 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Lanora - 09-21-2016, 09:47 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Akkadian - 09-23-2016, 10:51 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Lanora - 09-24-2016, 12:38 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Akkadian - 09-24-2016, 02:36 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Lanora - 09-24-2016, 11:33 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Akkadian - 09-25-2016, 03:21 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by LunarHorse - 09-25-2016, 03:33 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Lanora - 09-25-2016, 03:36 PM