• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm falling to pieces [Eight]
    “Normalcy staring me in the face is a slap to the reality of my life, Eight. You above all should know that.”

Ashley doesn’t wait to be introduced to him—for yes indeed, they have known each other. They have gone into battle together. But perhaps, for the old king had had nothing but his own memories to recommend him while he was stuck in stasis for years; perhaps his memories are all he has to push him forward in this world. The thought that someday he might reach out his hand and take back what was once his, it drove him harder than anything else. Aiding Ea in their quest for a new home; it was what helped him get sleep at night.

The taste of power, and of magic—it was like a drug high to him. The rich blue blood he’d been born with, suddenly stripped of him, his dignity with it. Those remembered Eight. They remembered Carnage. Who was left to remember him? He would take back that destiny that was so taken from him from when his family had locked him away. Some things could not--would not--be forgotten, and as Ashley’s thought settled on this, he looked across the meadow at the ones who looked as lost as he felt. But he was not one of them, was he? Had he ever really understood what it was like to be normal?

Is that something he should learn how to do? How to know them and their plight? Maybe he was not as above them as he had originally thought…for it was by sheer dumb luck that had released the magic that had held him. In reality, what right did he have? His realization did nothing but darken his mood as he looked down and took in the fresh sheets of fallen snow, taking some in his mouth and crunching it in his teeth for moisture. With the rivers frozen over, water was hard to come by.

“It’s been a lifetime, friend. Name’s Ashley, in case old age has crept in and stolen your memory, as well as your magic.”

ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Ashley - 09-07-2016, 04:03 PM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Eight - 09-08-2016, 09:10 AM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Ashley - 09-08-2016, 11:21 AM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Eight - 09-08-2016, 11:49 AM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Ashley - 09-08-2016, 03:39 PM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Eight - 09-08-2016, 06:07 PM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Ashley - 09-09-2016, 02:58 PM