• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when you see my face, hope it gives you hell [Tiphon]

They had been rejected. Or…rather, they had been told to wait. Ashley did not do well with waiting. Patience was never something the buckskin male was ever very good. One does not simply tell a magic king—former King—that they must be patient and wait. Hurry up and wait does not sound like very much fun to anyone. Ashley had breathed his obscenities towards the establishment of the all-mother as he descended the “easy” slope of the mountain—if there could be termed such a thing) and found himself back in the foothills of the meadow, at the foot of the great mountain. He would go up again when he could. He would petition for his blood, for his moment in the sun. The band he had surrounded himself with was bound together by land ties, rather than blood. Their pride would hold them together, and as long as they had the faith within them to continue to stand steadfast, he was sure that Ea would lead them to a safe place—with or without the fairy’s blessing.

And so Ashley found himself waiting, getting more restless day after day. And the more he waited, the more agitated he got with himself, and the situation he found himself in. Who was he that he would allow himself to dance so wittingly for them? Had he forgotten his pride?

And so, finding the need for companionship… and perhaps some information, Ashley went off in search of Tiphon. The two men had had no time to actually talk during the meeting before the rejection, as Ashley was want to call it, and the magician felt that there was much to be learned from him. Perhaps he could impart some knowledge as well. It just felt like they had more in common than perhaps would otherwise appear to the naked eye.

ashley
    how many times can I break ‘til I shatter?

@[Tiphon]

Messages In This Thread
    when you see my face, hope it gives you hell [Tiphon] - by Ashley - 09-07-2016, 03:42 PM