• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I can't shake this little feeling -- Ruan
    Ruan
    "I am no king, Ruan. I never truly was."
    A small smile tugged his lips at the king's modesty. Or perhaps honesty; Ruan wouldn't know the first thing about ruling a kingdom.

The edgy wariness he usually felt in Eight's dominating presence lightened a little, more at ease speaking one-on-one with him. As equals. It was not lost on him that the bay stallion chose this path for them, brushing aside Ruan's deference to his former title.

He also didn't miss the glance that slid from him to the fresh snow at his back, and he found himself almost following along with it. He stopped halfway and peered sideways at the man, mildly confused.

"Have you seen-" he faltered. Ruan's brows came together; he'd never seen the valley's guardian king hesitate with anything. But he continued then, "Have you seen Kilter?"

Worry started seeping in before Eight finished speaking. He told Ruan he'd seen him watching Kilter, and for some reason the spotted male felt a little guilty at this; like a child caught sneaking a piece of candy. Fear for the boy overpowered him though, wiping away all other thoughts. His face set in determination.

"I have not," he admitted grimly. "But I will do all in my power to find him" Already he seemed restless, his feet shuffling eagerly and his new wings arched in preparation. For the first time, he was glad he'd been given them, for their speed would aid him insurmountably. "...and return him to your care." he added belatedly, his face flushing in slight embarrassment.

Of course he would return Kilter. No matter his love for the little wolf. It would never be goodbye, though. Ruan make certain of it.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I can't shake this little feeling -- Ruan - by Ruan - 09-08-2016, 03:42 PM