• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    now I'm pulling all the strings, Beqanna Fairy
    <center><style> #kittykittykitty {width: 600px; border: 1px solid black; background-color: #768ba2;} #mycat {background-image:url('http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/anh1992111/ea_zpsilwy2sj8.png'); background-size: contain; width: 600px; height: 375px; background-repeat: no-repeat;} #likesto {width: 400px; padding: 5px; letter-spacing: 2pt; background-image:url('http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/anh1992111/eabackground_zpswpe6ggc0.png'); background-position: top right; position: relative; top: 345px; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;-moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;-ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;-o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;transition: all 1s ease-in-out; border: 1px solid black; font-size: 9pt; family: times; color: white; border-radius: 300px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 6px black;} #likesto:hover {color: #fff; padding: 5px; font-size: 9pt; font-family: times; letter-spacing: 2pt; border: 1px solid black;} #walkonkeyboards {width: 540px; padding: 20px; text-align: justify; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 12pt; color: black; font-family: times; height: 300px; overflow: auto;} #walkonkeyboards::-webkit-scrollbar {width: 8px; border-radius: 300px;} #walkonkeyboards::-webkit-scrollbar-track {border-radius: 300px;} #walkonkeyboards::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background-image:url('http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/anh1992111/eabackground_zpswpe6ggc0.png'); border-radius: 300px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 6px; background-position: top right;} #hesadick {opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;-moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;-ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;-o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;transition: all 1s ease-in-out;} #hesadick:hover {opacity: 1;}</style><div id="kittykittykitty"><div id="mycat"><div id="likesto"><div id="hesadick">now you're staring at a queen.</div></div></div><div id="walkonkeyboards">From the bottom of the mountain, the silver girl looks up.
    It is a steep climb -- she remembers how it feels to be above; footing unsteady, air thin, body permanently chilled. It wasn't long ago that she was trapped on the Mountain -- that they were all trapped in one place and yet completely lost. She had found her family here below, some connected by blood but others by something else, something indescribable.
    As she begins her climb, she thinks of them.
    Of all of them -- Tiphon, Phaedrus, Talulah, Vida, Ashley, Adalyn, her wonderful son Sabrael, perhaps the only son she has left. Some new faces, some old.
    Step by step Ea climbs, breaths becoming shallower, and she thinks of those she misses still -- Sela, Kha, Scorch, Hestoni, Ramiel. She can no longer feel the connection that bound her to them as a mother, daughter, lover.
    She blinks back cold tears and grits her teeth. She refuses to allow today to be the first time she sheds a tear.
    She soldiers onwards, upwards; it is only fitting that she make the trek by herself since she alone was queen when they were all deemed unworthy. She knows the Dale was not an instigator in the wars that finally destroyed Beqanna, but no one was innocent. They were all hungry -- hungry for magic, for power -- and Beqanna no longer wanted to feed them.
    She reaches the top and stops, catching her breath. She takes a moment for herself while she breathes, to remember who she is -- even without the kingdoms she is a princess, a queen. She is still important.
    “Beqanna,” she says, sounding confident, though still unsure of how she should continue.
    “I am Ea, here on behalf of my family,” she begins, “We are not all related by blood, but we are a family nonetheless. I know you are angry with all of us, and rightfully so,” she says, pausing, considering her words. “Our apologies will not be enough. I know that -- my family knows that -- but we ask, beg, of you to allow us some of your land to call our home. A land would let us open our family even more to those in need of one.”
    She ends her petition, then, uncertain but satisfied. Surely Beqanna can see that she has been humbled, even slightly, by this destruction. She has always surrounded herself with family -- first the established family of the Jungle that she was born into, then the one she and Ramiel had created in the Dale -- and only hopes she can do so once again.</div></div></center>

Our team consists of Ea, Tiphon, Phaedrus, Ashley, Vida, Sabrael, Talulah, Adalyn and our point tracker can be found here!

Thank you, love you! Heart

Messages In This Thread
    now I'm pulling all the strings, Beqanna Fairy - by Ea - 09-06-2016, 07:53 PM