• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

over the line, can't define what I'm after [Australis]

show me who i am and who i could be
    The mountain had not stripped her body bare as it had some, for she had no gifts to boast of. But it had stolen from her a home, those purple snow-capped mountains she had loved so desperately and the caves that wound beneath them. It had stolen her friends and her family, had hidden everyone she loved for days. There had been Tobiah at least, to crumble against that first night, and though she didn’t understand why he had bothered to come find her at all, she was glad he did. Tobiah made everything hurt less, he soothed her wounds without meaning to.

She drifts like a stray thought through the meadow, and though it is entirely unchanged, it is not the same. There are ghosts here now, echoes of a past wholly undone, and she can feel the weight of them in her chest. They are borne from the loss of not finding a loved one, of true loneliness in the wake of such utter devastation. They are borne, too,  from the loss of having something that is so innately a part of you carved away; a pair of wings ripped from a set of broken shoulders, a horn snapped free of a naked forehead. She has not lost a piece of her soul like so many others have, but she can understand why the weep and wither, why they cannot understand the reason they have been punished for loving what had been given to them.

At least it is winter now, at least there is snow dusting the grass and ice in her breath when it fogs against the air, because even just a little sameness loosens the knot in her belly. She wanders without purpose, without worry, and she tries to pull together her thoughts but the pieces slip away like grains of silver sand. It is then that she notices the buckskin stallion - and while she does not know him, there is something that feels soothingly familiar about the lines of his face and the gold of his skin. She is quiet when she moves to join him, quiet when she tucks in close beside him to push the soft of her dark nose against his neck.

“Hello.” Is all she says at first, though her quiet brown eyes drift towards his face. She should be more wary, should feel some concern wandering up to a stranger, but she has never met anyone who has been anything other than kind, so does not think to worry. When her eyes find his and a smile softens against the curve of her mouth, she asks in voice like silver, “What have you lost?”

Everyone has lost something, it is what will bring them together in this new world.

initiate the heart within me until it opens properly

<3333 ILY

Messages In This Thread
    RE: over the line, can't define what I'm after [Australis] - by australis - 09-07-2016, 11:57 PM