• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

over the line, can't define what I'm after [Australis]
    He needed to get away. He had been approached by several, and had made himself known for who and what he was to several others here in the meadow, but when Ashley looked toward the mountain, he found that need to want to climb it. Feeling that this was all for those who could hear it calling to them, he took the opportunity of his solitude, and decided to head in that direction, looking for some answers as to why he was here, why he was back, and why the hell he had to suffer the pride of those who were so obviously punished for their mis-deeds.

He had not been around in several lifetimes, and while he was not entirely blameless for the way the land had progressed—he probably had help it along, to be fair—his lack of activity for these past ages had been quiet. Unless he was paying for the mistakes of his family—for which there were many. He carried a great bitterness where they were concerned, because it was not unknown to him who had cast him in that limestone statue to begin with. The pride that comes with unlimited magic and unlimited power and dreams has the ability to make one mad. And so his descendants (and there were many) had pushed to acquire more powerful and specialized abilities, taking the kingdoms and ruling them with a hand that perhaps even Ashley himself would have sneered at. He was, for the moment, much better off without them.

So, with this thought in mind, Ashley tossed his head and allowed the spirit of the mountain to lead him toward her base. The sound of a clear and babbling brook reminded him of his thirst, and he took a slight detour to make his way to some lunch and a drink, before planning to set off up the mountain, to visit the all-mother.

ashley
    how many times can I break ‘til I shatter?

Messages In This Thread
    over the line, can't define what I'm after [Australis] - by Ashley - 09-06-2016, 06:02 AM