• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i will stand my ground. || beqanna & fairies; a petition
    <center><link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Quattrocento' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Pathway+Gothic+One' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><div style="width: 564px; background-color: #E0E0E0; box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #000000;"><br><div style="font-family: 'Pathway Gothic One', sans-serif; color: #434343; font-size: 10.5pt; text-align: center; padding-top: 12px; padding-bottom:10px; line-height: 15pt; letter-spacing: 3.3px;">YOU CAN STAND ME UP AT THE GATES OF HELL, BUT I WON'T BACK DOWN.</div><div style="width: 500px; border-bottom: 1px solid #aaaaaa; margin-top: 5px;"></div><br><div style="padding-left: 35px; padding-right: 35px; font-family: Times; font-size: 12px; color: #635d5d; text-align: justify; line-height:105%; letter-spacing: 1.5px;">
      His breath hitches slightly within the tight confines of his already too dry throat as the prying warmth of another settles beside him, and a swiveling red eye glances to catch a glimpse of the source - but soon his pounding heart is soothed by what he sees. <i>Magnus</i>, a warrior in mind but a steward in heart. His presence is a solemn reminder of how the Earth has stirred beneath them; a humbling piece of history that will forever be etched into stone for future generations to take heed and learn a steady, stern lesson from. His heart pounds steadily against the iron rib cage of his chest, but gives the faintest of nods to the buckskin standing shoulder to shoulder with him. Brawn and girth, standing in unison with their hearts flayed and their minds open - a sight to behold.

A steady breath fills the expanse of his tired lungs as he focuses heavily on each and every word, <i>every syllable</i> that moves so smoothly, like a trickling of thick honey from his dry tongue, though it is drenched with humility and a heartfelt desire to do more than what he has. He had found a kindred spirit, and it engulfs the fullness of his own heart with a warmth that he cannot simply attribute to the simmering embers that linger in the pit of his belly.

There is promise upon the horizon, and war has brought nothing but destruction. Time had not healed all wounds, and the Earth had been marred by the wreckage and havok caused by those with too much greed and bloodthirsty lust within their hearts and minds. He is weary, worn down from the heavy burden of knowledge that he, too, had taken part at one time, as he is certain that the scarred warrior beside him had once too. His words are spoken truthfully, though, and there is nothing quite like the healing ointment of humility.

A gentle wind carries through, and if he were not able to forget the steady thrust of his pounding heart, he might have missed the soft voice that is carried by it. <i>Go,</i> the voice whispers within his mind. <i>See what I have made for you.</i>

A breath that he had not realized he’d been holding expels now, and his heavy lashes raise as the urge to shift his behemoth form towards the western slope of the mountain. Mirth and relief and <i>sheer gratitude</i> flood every square inch of his body, and a single word echoes. <i>Volcano</i>.

<b><font color=444444>”Thank you,”</font></b> he murmurs softly with respite laced in his tone, knowing She will hear it. <b><font color=444444>”we will not fail you. Magnus, my friend - let us begin.”</b></font>

</div> <center><div style="width: 500px; border-bottom: 1px solid #aaaaaa; margin-top: 10px;"></div><br><br>
    <center><div style="font-family: 'Quattrocento', serif; font-size: 55pt; color: #434343; letter-spacing:12px; word-spacing: 0px; line-height:30pt; align:center; text-shadow: 2px 1px 20px #aaaaaa;">OFFSPRING</div>
    <div style="width: 564px; height: 639px; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/TB7XHz0.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat;"></div></div></center>

Thank you! Big Grin

The following points will be deducted for the land claim:

- 10 points from Newton [volunteered]
    - 15 points from Magnus [volunteered]
    - 25 points from Offspring (25 from <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HTBLZ0Q1Ic9lf6Ku9poNFWbFYSNCqzWs_SSzeXm0ET8/edit">recruitment</a>; he has a total of 40 with recruitment = 40 - 25 = 15 remaining)

= 50 points total

Messages In This Thread
    i will stand my ground. || beqanna & fairies; a petition - by Offspring - 09-05-2016, 07:42 PM
    RE: i will stand my ground. || beqanna & fairies; a petition - by Offspring - 09-06-2016, 07:46 PM