• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way; any

They don’t have much besides each other. But they cling to one another as if their lives depend on it (and maybe they do). Malfunction leads their little band, Smear provides the heart, Skid the brains, and Wound has become the one who keeps them together. They each hold an important piece in their sibling-machine; they each remind the other that they are not monsters despite how the rest of the world views them. They are simply different. They don’t rely on friends or tricks or homelands or religion. They rely on each other and the company they share.

The scream that fills the air alerts them. They’d only traveled so far up the mountain thus far, but the lack of proper oxygen and the rocky path had made it difficult for them to travel much further. Wound’s fast, thin breaths had ceased their journeying and so they had paused beside the trail. The pretty filly (pretty aside from her undeveloped right foreleg, complete with a hoof yet lacking the length to reach the ground) is now collapsed at the feet of Smear, her doe brown eyes closed in sleep. But at the sound of the screech, she wakes. Smear’s head jerks upward, the sound startling him from his dozing.

Malfunction’s mouth tightens and he glances at Skid. The sound could be dangerous, and the four of them can’t move very fast. Among the group, they only have thirteen capable legs when they should have sixteen. Predators are a real thing, especially to the slow-moving herd of messed up siblings. Taking a step in the direction of the trail, Malfunction glances toward his siblings.

“Smear, Skid, stay here with Wound. I’m going to go check it out. If I yell, run as fast as you can.” With a tight mouth and even tighter muscles, the silver bay stallion makes his way up the trail. He breathes in heavily, but the air is thin and it clouds his mind. For a brief moment, he hopes he won’t have a seizure. Rounding the corner, Malfunction spots a mare. He guesses the sound came from her.

“Excuse me, ma’am. Are you alright?”

MALFUNCTION, SKID, SMEAR, & WOUND
    hover over names

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way; any - by M + S + S + W - 09-04-2016, 03:43 PM