• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  here it comes without warning; romek
    She needs to let it go—all of it.

She had made a promise to herself she would let everything she had ever felt be left on top of the mountain. Everything she had left would destroy her down in this new life. She had carried a heavy weight upon her shoulders these past years. This was something new—a new life given to her. It was a chance for her to make up for all the wrong she had done. A chance for all of them, truly.

There is something kind in the way he simply listens to her; it’s something she notices after she has shed every word of frustration out of her. But, deep down, she knows there will be more. She knows her past cannot be completely forgotten. She has to try though… and starting here was part of her process, her first steps.

A smile, a little more warming and friendlier this time than before, grows across her jawline. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Romek.” Even in this situation, she thinks but does not say to him. “It is a stressful time.” She cannot help but look around her for a moment, the rain pouring down around all of them.

Her ear flickers into his direction at the sound of his words. ”You’re not the only one feeling like that,” he says. However, Lucrezia cannot help but feel like she is. She has felt alone for most of her time in her life—and she felt more like it than ever. Everything she had loved and known had slipped through the cracks and sunk into the earth. She has no idea if it will ever come back. “You’re not alone,” he says and at those words she turns and looks back at him.

“It feels like I am.” She says softly. She doesn’t even try this time to conceal what she is thinking and feeling. It’s too much for her to even handle right now. All of these emotions have to go somewhere—out of her, not back in again.

Lucrezia sighs. “I know I cannot be selfish like this, or truly mad.” But I am, she says to herself. “I lost my family, friends, and home. I lost the only thing that gave everything that made me and helped me become who I am now.” But she has yet to realize she has that still here. She has Kreios and Rome left somewhere in this new world still called Beqanna. “My home—the Deserts, I mean, was the first to go before all of this.” And she wonders what else that makes her who she is will be taken from her.
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here it comes without warning; romek - by Lucrezia - 09-10-2016, 11:36 AM