• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Paper crowns on wooden heads; ANY
    I pretend to close my eyes;
    I pretend I'm burning bright.
    New friends are very nice and all, but it is still very lonely without Daddy Romek. So even though it’s sad and cold to not be cuddled up to new friends and wrapped up in their coziness, I set out on my own again. Maybe I’ll give these fancy new wings a try, and see what I can see from way up high.

So I streeeetch out my wings, pausing to stare in awe at the black that fades to red at the ends of a million and a half feathers I didn’t have before. And then I give them an experimental little flap...and nothing happens. Flap. Flap. Flap flap? Flap. Flap! Oh! That last one did a little bit! Or. Made me feel a little lighter, somehow? Oof, I think flying’s going to be haaaard work though!

Taking a deep breath, I flap my wings as hard as I can, for as long as I can, and I liiiiift up into the air! Oh! Ahhh, the ground sneaks away from my feet, and I wobble some in the air trying to find my balance even as I move forward through the fores--AH! TREE!

Okay, so ow. Trees are not soft. With a bit of a clatter and crash, I fall a few feet to the ground, flaring out my wings to try to catch myself, and wincing as I land sort of halfway on my side, with my legs all splayed out to the right.

Maybe flying works better when there are less obstacles.

With a snort and a shake of my head, I clamber to my feet and give my whoooole body a good shake to dust off the, um...the almost-successful first attempt at flying! Yeah, that! And then I walk, a little gingerly at first, through the trees. The walking gets easier as the pain fades, though. And the last of the hurt vanishes when I spot a familiar figure through the trees.

“DADDY!”

Yep, my legs work just fine, and they carry me right to my daddy and I plow into him and wrap him up in as big a hug as I can manage, still being a good bit smaller than he is. “Daddy daddy daddy daddy I missed you!”
    Lilitha

Messages In This Thread
    Paper crowns on wooden heads; ANY - by Romek - 09-03-2016, 02:54 PM
    RE: Paper crowns on wooden heads; ANY - by Lilitha - 09-03-2016, 03:25 PM
    RE: Paper crowns on wooden heads; ANY - by Espeon - 09-03-2016, 04:24 PM
    RE: Paper crowns on wooden heads; ANY - by Romek - 09-03-2016, 04:40 PM
    RE: Paper crowns on wooden heads; ANY - by Espeon - 09-05-2016, 09:00 AM
    RE: Paper crowns on wooden heads; ANY - by Romek - 09-05-2016, 11:57 AM