• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

VALLEY MEMBERS
    Ruan
    He recognized them, this mix of strangers. Despite spending his time on the border since joining the Valley, running with the wolves, he still knew some faces.

He didn't see the one he wanted, though.

His once ice-blue eyes had dulled, stripped of the magic that had lit him from within. Yet still he held his head high. He had never been one to depend on his ability, and so the loss did not affect him overmuch. He certainly felt bad for the ones that did, for their pain and anguish, but the Beqanna Mother was angry at them. And their abuse of her magics had caused this. They brought it upon themselves.

Ruan didn't believe for a moment he was better than anyone; he was not the only one in the land to use Her magic in the protection of others alone. They all carried the burden of the same punishment. Save for the few without a link at all to Her powers.

His face was turned to them, a charcoal black that also covered his legs and hair. The rest of him was lunar white, with plum-colored appaloosa spots. His wings, also pale and tipped in ink, were pinned to his sides like carefully sculpted armor. They were the newest addition, one he hadn't asked for.

He'd spoken with the Mother. And like many, he hadn't liked her choice to rob the powers from all. When asked which he would choose, wings, horn, or immortality, he'd chosen none. He vowed, also, that he would not be back to petition for his Cryokinesis until every last soul had their link to Her returned to them. She'd mocked his selfless nobility and seen to bestow him these bird's appendages regardless of his wishes.

Ruan shook out his mane in irritation, remembering that conversation. He hoped this one went much smoother. They seemed to be gathering the forces, growing in numbers, in a hurry to yet again control the Mother's lands. He did not think that was the point of Her actions, but he came when he heard the call for Valley members. He had been such; born there, then returned there recently in hopes his sister would find him. She would not. She was dead, he now knew.

He looked them over as he approached, silent and watchful thus far. Studying them, he still felt that tingle of someone else nested within him. It warmed him, and gave him an extra sense of security, a place of belonging no matter where he was. Out of this bunch, he knew Eight and Topsail most of all, but even still only briefly.

The dark bay stallion had made him wary with his constant displays of power, despite him being the Guardian and using them to keep the people safe. It still made him uncomfortable. To see him without it all flaring around him like a grand production was leaving Ruan more at ease. He was powerful and terrifying, and the appaloosa much liked them on more even ground, even being on the same "side".

He bowed his head low in respect to them, the former leaders, and nodded one at a time to each of the others.

"I will make this quick. I am needed elsewhere, at present.
    My loyalties to the Valley are absolved, as it no longer exists. Most of you are strangers to me, and the others I've seen only very briefly.

Should you need me, seek me in the meadow. I am there for the time being, and I will come at your call.

When you see Kilter.."

He hesitated. There was an involuntary attachment to the colt, a kinship that was probably one-sided. But he'd loved the boy nonetheless. Watched him as he bounded with the wolves as he, too, often did. Finding family in the pack. Isolated from his siblings, and a bit sullen, he'd been a perfect little lad to Ruan. Perhaps without his siblings' powers he'd also find more even ground with them, and bond with them as he probably wished to.

"Tell the little wolf I will see him again."

He turned away from them with sadness in his eyes, and walked away. Sliding into a lope, he unfurled his new-found limbs and quietly took flight. He needed to return to her. Immediately.

Messages In This Thread
    VALLEY MEMBERS - by Cress - 09-02-2016, 01:08 PM
    RE: VALLEY MEMBERS - by Eight - 09-02-2016, 01:30 PM
    RE: VALLEY MEMBERS - by Thorunn - 09-02-2016, 02:00 PM
    RE: VALLEY MEMBERS - by Eight - 09-02-2016, 03:08 PM
    RE: VALLEY MEMBERS - by Gunsynd - 09-02-2016, 06:36 PM
    RE: VALLEY MEMBERS - by Topsail - 09-02-2016, 08:51 PM
    RE: VALLEY MEMBERS - by despoine - 09-02-2016, 11:36 PM
    RE: VALLEY MEMBERS - by Cress - 09-03-2016, 12:12 AM
    RE: VALLEY MEMBERS - by Gunsynd - 09-03-2016, 05:40 PM
    RE: VALLEY MEMBERS - by Ruan - 09-04-2016, 10:44 AM