• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Intelligence is a gift you were not graced with. [nicole pony and/or any]
    She lay there, glaring at the ground and holding back her tears. She didn't care if the mare walked away, she told herself. She would just have to come up with a new escape plan from this fluttery prison, that was all.

You can come home with me, I don't have to be your mother, the mare said.

Wallace tried to subdue the sense of hope that began to seep into her, furrowing her brows in an attempt to hide it from lighting her eyes.

You can just call me Zara her voice came again. The mare lapped at her damp cheek gently. The action was so soothing to Wallace, so motherly, and her tough walls melted a little. Her body relaxed. Half of her wanted to be tough and independent, as was her nature, but the rest of her wanted nothing more to just be a little filly with a mother and throw herself against the comforting form of the graceful mare. She held these emotions in check, of course, but was visibly calmed as Zara nudged her lightly.
    What do you think, she asked as she did so.

Wallace was pleased the mare gave her the power to choose for herself, softening her metaphoric walls a little more. As independent as she was, it would've forced her into rebellion had the decision been made for her, even if it was the same choice she would have made herself. She respected Zara's perceptive nature in this, though of course she would never say so aloud.

She stood slowly, feigning as if to be considering her options though already certain of her answer. Her gaze stared at the boundary the faeries had so diligently guarded each time she had attempted to escape. It was clear she really didn't have an option, unless she remained and hoped someone else would come by. But she wanted out of here, and if she were honest with herself, she kind of liked Zara. She wasn't used to enjoying anyone but her twin Dharwyn and seemed to naturally fight against it. Still, the mare seemed able to calm her at times. Perhaps she needed that.

I accept your offer,  she said masking any emotions, turning back to Zara. Where is it we are going?

Wallace stepped to her side, pressing her nose against Zara's shoulder carefully. She liked how she smelled; fresh and green, maybe a little flowery, but also that earthy scent of the mare herself. She brushed her cheek across Zara's coat briefly, then pulled away, suddenly self-conscious of the display of affection. She wasn't the type to do these things, but she seemed to become someone else with the mare tearing down at her protective walls. Perhaps it was due to all the time she had spent without Dharwyn's or her mother's touch.

Wallace avoided her eyes, and waited for her ticket out of here. She was prepared to follow Zara anywhere rather then stay. But before they left, she glared over her shoulder at the nearest faerie and stuck her tongue out in defiance. With a last nodded harumph for emphasis she faced forward once again, her chin lifted pridefully and followed Zara closely.

Wallace

@[Zaravich] ooc: thankyouu! i couldnt decide on turquoise or yellow dialogue but i think i'll stick with yellow hehe

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Intelligence is a gift you were not graced with. [nicole pony and/or any] - by Wallace - 08-19-2016, 04:36 PM