• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i pretend i'm burning bright; romek, any
    TORRID 
    tarnished x kerowyn, skeleton shifting, wanderer
    Let the dead bury the dead, they will come out in droves
    But take the spade from my hands and fill in the holes you've made
    Torrid takes some hurried steps backwards when the girl’s skin seems to suddenly erupt into tiny sparks of fire. He’d like to avoid adding second degree burns onto his bucket list of bad things that will occur for now. He watches, almost in disbelief, as the goo-covered girl nonchalantly begins to stomp on some of the stray sparks that had successfully reached the ground. He was definitely used to some weird stuff, considering his sisters had the ability to do practically anything. Plus, he turned into a weird skeleton whenever he wanted, which was actually pretty useless. But someone creating fire from their body was a totally new concept for him to experience.

The fire girl nods hesitantly in response to his question and he’s glad that she seems to at least be somewhat stable in her surroundings. Even if she keeps randomly bursting into flames. But the skeleton boy didn’t have any room to judge another for their weird tendencies. Another stranger calls out to the both of them and he startles just as much as the girl before him but with much less fanfare. She seems completely comfortable with the other’s presence and his hackles are sufficiently lowered. After all, if someone didn’t hesitant to start bathing gods knows what off of a complete stranger, they have got to be a saint in real life, correct?

Well I ain’t dead yet.

Torrid didn’t mince his words, but he could certainly hear Kerowyn in the back of his mind saying “manners!” every once in a while. He notices that underneath all that goo, the girl had red hair and absent-mindedly he believes it quite appropriate. The roan stallion turns his attention to him and extends his muzzle in greeting. He seems to take a more cautious approach to Torrid and the boy can appreciate the space. For a boy who had just lost his family, little did he know that he was currently exchanging breaths with his uncle. He did not know his father’s face and Kerowyn’s reluctance had stayed Torrid from further broaching the subject. All he had was a name for a man he had never met.

Torrid.

Romek seemed solid and real. This was perhaps someone who could help him. Someone who he could easily rely on. After all, the baby fire girl was practically digging herself a den into the other’s skin. Surely, fire babies would have some self-preservation, right? But then again, she could be just as fucking clueless as himself at the moment.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i pretend i'm burning bright; romek, any - by torrid - 08-07-2016, 11:47 PM