• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I think I made you up inside my head; pteron
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

The tobiano pegasus had once come across a wren, freshly escaped from the clutches of a hawk. Many feathers had been torn from its nutbrown wings, so many that each frantic attempt at flight lifted her only a few feet from the ground.

Pteron’s heart feels like that wren. Aegean’s presence elicits that desperate need to soar, and yet all it can manage to do is flutter weakly on the forest floor. Reia’s ripped the wings from him, and she’d do far worse to Aegean.

The amethyst-eyed boy says he is here, repeats wife, and Pteron only nods. He hardly notices the fog around them until it begins to dim Aegean. Only when he whispers, when Pteron looks over his shoulder to see if anyone’s arrival has caused that, does he really notice the swirling mist. I am not afraid, he says, and Pteron reaches over, presses his mouth to Aegean’s as if to stifle the words. He feels so cool, and yet the heat flares through him, leaving him biting his lip as he pulls away.

“It isn’t,” he says, his forehead against Aegean’s, his heart quivering uselessly at their blue and purple hooves. “It isn’t. ”

“But you must. I won’t let her hurt you. I couldn’t, I couldn’t bear it.”

It’s cheating, Pteron knows it, but he cannot bear the shadow of smile that curls at Aegean’s mouth, not when he has seen the real thing.

“You will be [happier] without me.” He tells the other boy. “You deserve happiness, and being near me will be anything but.”

-- pteron --

@[aegean]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I think I made you up inside my head; pteron - by Pteron - 12-31-2019, 10:51 AM