• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  power must be earned
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cormorant|Great Vibes" rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><style>.lilt_container {width: 500px; background-color: #352541; border: 1px solid #EAEAEA; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 0px}.lilt_name {position: relative; z-index: 1; font: 60px 'Great Vibes', serif; color: #766881; bottom: -1px; left: 140px; letter-spacing: 0px}.lilt_quote {text-align: center; font: 15px 'Cormorant', serif; color: #766881; letter-spacing: 0px; padding: 5px}.lilt_message {width: 450px; text-align: justify; font: 12px 'Times', serif; color:#EAEAEA; background-color: #352541; opacity: 0.7; padding:25px;}</style><center><div class="lilt_container"><div class="lilt_quote"><br>{ and all we are is skin and bone trained to get along,<br>forever going with the flow but you're friction }</div><div class="lilt_message">Lilt knows nothing of her mother’s past. She knows that she has two half-siblings – twins – that live in Pangea, but nothing of how they came to be. Starsin never spoke of there being anyone else in her life, even if it had been brief; as far as Lilt was concerned, there had only ever been her father. Even if she had known, even if she had ever heard Litotes’ name, she isn’t sure that she would have made the connection between this pale lion and the man that had once had a confused romance with her mother.

But somewhere beneath his feral gaze he is looking at her like he is supposed to know her, and there is a small piece of her heart that feels like it’s supposed to know him.

It’s confusing and messy and heavy and Lilt feels like she might collapse beneath the weight of it, and if it weren’t for the fact that he was stepping towards her she thinks she might have turned to run away.

He comes closer, and she stands tense and uneasy when he touches his nose against her leg. But then he rubs against her, and she can feel a slow, tremulous breath exhale past her lips. She lowers her head, touching her black lips against the wisps of his mane. She doesn’t understand why he smells familiar, when he smells of places that she has never been before; but something about the very essence of <i>him</i> sinks into her veins, and cannot explain why she is so sure she has smelled him before.<i> “My name is Lilt,”</i> she says softly before drawing her muzzle away from him. She doesn’t expect him to reply, and she doesn’t think she would be able to read his lips anyway.<i> “Come to Sylva with me,”</i> she continues, and she has no idea what she is saying anymore.<i> “You don’t have to be alone on this mountain.”</i></div><div class="lilt_name">Lilt</div></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    power must be earned - by litotes - 12-11-2019, 02:04 AM
    RE: power must be earned - by Lilt - 12-12-2019, 02:42 AM
    RE: power must be earned - by litotes - 12-12-2019, 03:05 AM
    RE: power must be earned - by Lilt - 12-14-2019, 02:14 AM
    RE: power must be earned - by litotes - 12-17-2019, 05:04 PM
    RE: power must be earned - by Lilt - 12-20-2019, 02:24 AM
    RE: power must be earned - by litotes - 12-24-2019, 12:03 AM
    RE: power must be earned - by Lilt - 12-30-2019, 12:28 AM
    RE: power must be earned - by litotes - 01-06-2020, 03:29 PM