• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this reckless wandering love was never ours; risk
    sochi

There are parts of her that are disappointed that he does not carry out his rage against her. There are parts of her that hunger for the outlet of a fight—for the feel of primal rage that makes no sense out of context. She hungers for something to wrap her head around that makes sense, that she can at least understand. Something solid and real when the rest of it all feels as insubstantial as smoke, falling between her grasp.

But, he doesn’t entirely disappoint, and her feline head snaps up to study him closer.

His body changes, shifting fluidly—pieces of it fading away and colors beginning to appear as they spiderweb over the hard muscle and lean pieces of him. “I very well could still be your enemy,” she smiles with bloodied teeth as she mimics his shifting, although hers is more dramatic. Within a second, she stands before him as herself again, although she feels no less a predator with these dull teeth.

Her eyes bleed from yellow to hard silver, mercurial and unreadable beneath the swath of her black forelock as she angles her head. “Risk,” she says the same, weighing it on her tongue and finding it acceptable. “You should be glad,” she rolls a shoulder, remembering the bite of death and the cold of the ocean. “Death is no kind companion.” Not that she thinks she needs to tell him—he clearly knows.

For a second, she wonders at his words, thinking them through. There was a time where they would have meant nothing to her, or at least very little. Family had never been something that was the pinnacle of her life and for a breath of time, it was something she had abandoned entirely in the interest of herself. The fact that she had turned to it again—made it such a critical component of her life—feels weak and she feels some sort of bitter hatred for it. “I may be alone,” she admits but straightens as she says it, like she could pull together the armor of her contempt. “There are worse things.” She’s not sure that there is.

well, I can try to get you closer but I know you’d break your neck just to see the stars
    and if we don’t dare to hold it then this reckless wandering love was never ours

[Image: sochi.png]

I was less than graceful, I was not kind
    be out watching other lovers lose their spine

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this reckless wandering love was never ours; risk - by sochi - 12-27-2019, 06:12 PM