• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

cedar smoke and summer rain; any welcome
    She’s more like her mother than she knows.

A cackling lady, the mare had been nothing more than a phantom in the girl’s shallow memories.  There for a minute, and gone for nearing two years, Mazeika struggled with each fading day to recall the face of a woman prone to flight.  And as for her father? There was nothing.  No smudged image to hold onto or a name to pray to.

But was she upset? Hardly.  For all she knew, this was simply the norm.

And when the leaves fell with the prying wind, and skittered past as if they had a mind of their own, she would smile.  Often times, finding herself carried away with the strides of chase, laughing as the leaves swept up and tickled at her hocks when the breeze suddenly changed direction.

Today the chase is cut short when she inadvertently drops in on a duo as she crests a dainty slope, just in time to hear the bright lad’s innocent wish.  But that’s not the way she hears it, and the words fall beyond her star speckled lips before she can think the better of them, “That’s hardly a nice thing to say,” she chides, though she is clearly the youngest of the trio, a fact that she conveniently ignores as she drops the flat line of her mouth for the upswing of a jubilant smile “I think she’s lovely!” . Her face a slate of strict seriousness, the buckskin girl exchanges a glance from the quiet mare to the remarkable gent, “And honestly, you’re pretty too!”

And then With an impish giggle, “Wow, how rude of me to crash your party like that without a proper introduction! My name is Mazeika - Mazy for short.  Who might you be?”

@[Elk] @[Rehu]

Messages In This Thread
    cedar smoke and summer rain; any welcome - by Elk - 12-22-2019, 05:52 PM
    RE: cedar smoke and summer rain; any welcome - by Mazeika - 12-23-2019, 09:39 PM