• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  seek me out; round iii
    Jude is not sure why she laughs—she just knows that once the cruel noise leaves her lips, it feels incredibly inappropriate. Her lips press tightly together as the palomino woman before her breathes quietly.

The rushing in Jude’s brain tells her to speak, apologize, ANYTHING to fill this silence; but she resists, bites her tongue, tensing as she watches the sun reflect like fire in Craft’s fur. She thinks it strange and uncomfortable, this sudden quiet after a creature’s gurgling death. Like a hurricane’s wave it crashes over the strange pair, somehow simultaneously cleansing and sullying them.

“I don’t know that he did,” Craft finally admits, a sword’s sharpened steel in her voice. Jude shies a minuscule step back before perking her ears to something else.

Reunite them . . . The whisper comes with a vision, one so sweet and beautiful that when it ends, it leaves an empty ache in the pastel woman’s breast. She releases a breath she does not she is holding and closes her eyes.

When she opens them again, she finds the palomino queen’s gaze set firmly on hers.

“Who are you?” she questions, to which Jude merely swallows and turns around.

“You need to come with me,” is the pegasus’ only answer.

“Why should I come with you?” Craft snaps back.

“I don’t know.”

She doesn’t know, exactly—she just knows the palomino won’t regret it.

They travel together, a short half mile that disappears in silence. The portal spirals before them, and it takes a moment for Jude to look away.

“We need to go through here. To get me back and get you where you belong.” Jude is hesitant in this explanation, uncertain of how she knows it—she just knows it to be the truth.

“How do you know where I belong?”

“I don’t know. I just know there is someone that misses you on the other side of this.”

Jude takes a step closer, somber and shameful. She feels as if she does not deserve to be leading such a reunion.

“I’m not following you.”

“What?” Jude turns back with a start, anger flashing briefly in her eyes.

“You laughed at his death. I’m not following you.” Craft’s response comes as a shock, leaving Jude staring near-open mouthed and stunned.

Regret wells angrily in her throat. The callous creature she has always been comes back with a vicious bite once again. This failure is unlike any other, but Jude will be damned if she shows this woman her tears.

“Fine. I cannot make you.” With this, she takes a step back, falling away into the time warp. Craft’s gaze fades as Jude disappears, emptiness and unbearable sadness sitting like rocks on her chest.

Ooc: um this is gonna post all weird because I did it from the bathroom at work but uh. Here you go :)

Messages In This Thread
    seek me out; round iii - by anatomy - 12-09-2019, 07:18 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by bean - 12-09-2019, 08:15 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Leilan - 12-10-2019, 09:54 AM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Castile - 12-10-2019, 11:32 AM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Ruthless - 12-10-2019, 02:47 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Wishbone - 12-11-2019, 01:05 AM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Oceane - 12-11-2019, 01:16 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Tatter - 12-11-2019, 11:15 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Neverwhere - 12-12-2019, 10:34 AM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Lucrezia - 12-12-2019, 07:40 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Agetta - 12-12-2019, 09:41 PM