• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There will be scars, Warship.

We are at war. There will be scars.

Efficiency.

It is a good word for Erebor, both in his own opinion and no doubt in the opinion of his parents. He expects that both love him, in their own way, but he appreciates that they do not smother him with that love. He appreciates that they expect just as much of him as he expects of himself. He appreciates that they allow him to push himself, to work hard to build up the Chamber, to enter the castes far younger than any horse should, to take on far more responsibility than any youngling should really be accepting.

If he knew just how much his father saw a resemblance between them, no doubt the young prince would be proud. Already he looks up to his father, in much the same way that he looks up to his mother. He sees them both as shining paragons, pillars of everything that the Chamber needs. Devoted servants (although he doesn't know just how devoted – he is too young to know of things like deals with magicians).

His father speaks, and the boy listens with rapt attention as his father unravels their family history. He has always wondered about the heartbeat, and it makes so much sense to him now why he would have heard it, would have known it almost before he knew anything else. It makes sense now why he could hear it in his ears even at the borders, why it seems to drum up through his feet, why it seems to control his pulse. It's because it is his heart, it is his blood, and this is his home. Truly, he is born of the Chamber.

He blinks, taking all of the information in without losing his stoicism. "Atrox." he repeats, staring at the ground (and feeling its heartbeat) as he tests out the name. It sounds strong, certain, stoic – much like his name, he hopes. "It is almost the first thing I can remember." he shares with his father, his eyes still fixed on the ground as though he can peel back the layers of the land, piercing his eyes directly into the Chamber's heart and seeing his grandfather staring back. "Before I was born."

His eyes trace upward slowly to meet his father's gaze again. "I wish to know everything about him." he says, not commanding, but stating a very decided intent. He loves nothing more than studying history, and he can feel in his bones that the great general would be a worthy inspiration even if Erebor didn't have his blood running through his veins. "I wish to learn everything I can." his voice is even as always, but there is a taut undercurrent of excitement in his tones. He has found inspiration in his father and grandfather, and he wishes to know more, to live up to their example as best he can. He does not seek to surpass Atrox or Warship in fame; instead, he seeks to serve the Chamber as well or better than they did. As absolutely best as he can.

Erebor

Native Prince of the Chamber

warship x straia

Messages In This Thread
    There will be scars, Warship. - by Erebor - 04-05-2015, 11:55 PM
    RE: There will be scars, Warship. - by Warship - 04-08-2015, 01:37 PM
    RE: There will be scars, Warship. - by Erebor - 04-08-2015, 06:20 PM