• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i want the world in my hands
    Lilliana had been like Straia once - she too had arrived on Beqanna's shores asking questions about lands long gone.

It seems almost ironic that one of those horses she asked stands with her now.

But unlike Straia, Lilliana hadn't been an old face. She has blood, old blood that still hums in her veins with the stories and legends of what used to be here, but that blood has been diluted with others. What is Beqanna but one stream in a world, amongst worlds, of rivers? 

Where she once might have been bubbling like a brook with questions, the chestnut mare is quiet and regards Straia with a thoughtful gaze. What she is looking for, she doesn't know. Maybe Straia is bringing in a tide of change, maybe she is just another traveler passing through the Meadow. Lilliana has troubles that seem to prevent her from seeing clearly, so she does as she always has. She hopes for the best.

As the world-wanderer addresses the others, Aten, Aquaria and even indulging wild child Popinjay who has grown up laughing and racing beneath the canopies of Taiga, Lilliana silently admires the iridescence of the raven on Straia's back. It is the mention of the Chamber that calls her attention away, an interesting piquing beneath those sky blue eyes. It brings to mind another conversation about the Chamber but Lilliana decides to keep that to herself. The chestnut mare gives a slight nod to what the Raven Queen says to indicate that, yes she does know of the Chamber. 

That even in the years after the Reckoning, it has not been forgotten.

She feels the warmth come off Aquaria like a rolling wave from Ischia's tropical shores and the chestnut mare listens as their diplomat speaks with an honesty to be admired. She turns her head slightly to watch the nereid as she speaks of the changes that are coming. Her lips press into a firm line on her dark mouth and there is another irony here: she thinks of Tyr and Antares and the message that the star brought from the heavens. Coincidence or are there more troubles than any of them can fathom brewing on Beqanna's horizon?

She, like Aquaria, hopes this king is wrong and that the dread she feels is misplaced.
    It probably is.

She can almost exhale it into the winter air as she presses herself a little more in Aquaria, thinking she is seeking warmth. Aten turns his attention to them then and Lilli takes a moment to watch Popinjay who brazenly grins and appears to have no fear at all. The girl always had a wildfire spirit that Lilliana has admired and she does so again now. It is no small thing to blaze among strangers.

The softness that has settled on the planes of her face stills and then the Taigan turns her attention to Aten who speaks of.. everything. It might be common knowledge through Beqanna about the strife building between the North and South but the chestnut mare doesn't like to hear it  out loud, so bare. She shivers despite the absence of the cold.

"War is always brewing on every horizon," she adds as if to minimize what the Champion has said. Windskeep, Beqanna, Beyond - what did it matter? It seemed their plight to argue amongst each other like petulant foals. And for a moment, anger rises. She has nowhere else to put that emotion. It flashes brilliant blue and sharpens the angles of her otherwise gentle face, if only for a moment.

With Aquaria pressed against her, with the heat of her words still on her tongue, it prompts her to ask the stranger, "How did the Chamber defend itself?" It's gone now, she knows. She doesn't mean to add insult to injury for its loss as she looks to Straia. But something that stood for so long, that she thinks she knows where a piece of it might remain, she wants to know how the Chamber defended itself in times of war.

@[Popinjay] @[Straia] @[Aquaria] @[Aten]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    i want the world in my hands - by Straia - 11-04-2019, 07:33 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by Aquaria - 11-04-2019, 08:13 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by Straia - 11-06-2019, 12:59 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by Aten - 11-07-2019, 03:04 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by lilliana - 11-07-2019, 08:15 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by Popinjay - 11-07-2019, 10:10 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by Aquaria - 11-08-2019, 01:38 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by Straia - 11-08-2019, 08:03 PM