• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i want the world in my hands
    She is the first to approach, and hear the strange lady speak in her subtle way. She was not one to elaborate, it seemed, not one to betray anything that hid behind her regal face. The sea mare was reminded irresistibly of Lepis. 

The blue dun mare was similarly reserved, and Aquaria suspected, similarly calculating. This was her initial impression of the women, but she had no chance to react beyond a sigh of relief when the cold wind suddenly ceased and they were joined by others. It was peculiar. She could see the skeletal tree branches still swaying at the edge of the clearing. But here by Straia, all was still. "Thank you, it is." the pale girl smiled gratefully, noting the others who drew near to the pool of still air. 

The first, the stallion, she did not recognize. He was accompanied by a different kind of bird entirely, and she had to wonder at the significance. The two mares who followed, however, she did recognize, and remembered that she stood so near to their home. There were many friends to be had in Taiga. Lilliana in particular she was pleased to see. She had not spoken to the bright chestnut woman much on their first encounter, but what impressions she had been given were all good. 

The good impressions seemed to be founded as she interpreted Lilliana's unspoken invitation, and accepted it thankfully. She was rather literally a fish out of water, and the warmth radiating from her friend was a welcome gift, and pressed her side lightly against Lilliana's. It was reassuring contact, to say the least. 

Her smile turned uncertain though when young Popinjay surged forward, as irascible as the nereid remembered her being. And of course it would be the sleek feathered bird who held her attention, more than the mysterious mare it perched on. Hopefully the youthful mare would not be found offensive to the bird's companion. 

They could be a mismatched little herd out here, weathering the elements with their close proximity. But the stallion seems more suspicious, and Lilliana is as kind as ever in her thoughtful response. Aquaria couldn't think of what she could say that might appease the painted woman. 

What did the fin mare know of the world? Very little, it seemed. She knew it was vast and held an endless array of creatures, and that no two horses she had met in her travels had seemed alike. This little group seemed shockingly absent of the diversity she had grown accustomed to. Looking closer at the assembled, she realized with a little start that she herself was the most openly outlandish individual here. Was that a good thing or not? 

She blinked up at the statuesque lady, knowing that she ought to say something, that being silent might be the worst thing she could do at the moment. So she grasped at her limited knowledge of the world, and tried to put together something relevant. "I don't really know much." She began with honesty. It seemed a good place to start. "I live far west of here, on an herd-island. The world at large tends to leave us alone there for the most part. But the king who overrules my island said not to long ago that changes are coming. Ones that may drive us to the safety of his inland kingdom. I hope he's wrong." She finished, knowing whatever she'd saidlikely wasn't what Straia was looking for. But it as all she had to offer. For the first time, she felt a thread of doubt in the merits of living such a sheltered life. Times were changing, and she was only aware because she had stepped into the current and felt it tug. 

@[Straia] @[Aten] @[lilliana] @[Popinjay]

Messages In This Thread
    i want the world in my hands - by Straia - 11-04-2019, 07:33 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by Aquaria - 11-04-2019, 08:13 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by Straia - 11-06-2019, 12:59 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by Aten - 11-07-2019, 03:04 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by lilliana - 11-07-2019, 08:15 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by Popinjay - 11-07-2019, 10:10 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by Aquaria - 11-08-2019, 01:38 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by Straia - 11-08-2019, 08:03 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by Aten - 11-10-2019, 04:57 PM
    RE: i want the world in my hands - by lilliana - 11-12-2019, 09:20 PM