• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i tried to sell my soul last night; Ryatah

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

Were his heart not four sizes too small, he might have actually heard and answered the call. As it is, he really couldn’t give a fuck one way or the other. At least, until some rude-ass motherfucker threw the gates to the afterlife wide open. Which, believe it or not, he actually has some familiarity with.

Weird, right?

Of course, he’s died enough goddamned times he can practically feel it shivering across his spine for fuck’s sake. Some idiot CLEARLY didn’t know what the fuck they were doing. Still, the knowledge puts him in a pretty shit mood. Not that he isn’t already perpetually in a shit mood. Semantics.

But goddammit all to hell, when one knows what the afterlife is like, it can make the real world look pretty shitty sometimes. Especially when one knows all too fucking well they’re destined to be plopped right back into said shithole. Still, a few things made it worthwhile. And those few things were all that gave Ashhal his cheerful, sunny disposition.

Good thing his sense of humor is still intact, right?

Even all of that isn’t enough to actually make him do a damned thing. He has absolutely zero fucking interest in learning what kind of fresh bullshit had been brewed up lately. And so, he does what he does best. Takes a damn nap.

Which is where one might find him, sprawled in a patch of bright sunlight, wings spread wide, were one so inclined. Of course, he doesn’t know who the fuck would actually be inclined. What with his massive horde of precisely zero friends and all. Makes life peaceful though.

And boring as fuck sometimes. But you know what they say about choosing beggars. Not that that has ever stopped him.

Messages In This Thread
    i tried to sell my soul last night; Ryatah - by Ashhal - 11-05-2019, 01:12 PM