• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign
    Nilam
    Nilam doesn’t own the part of the Ischian sea where her brother claimed an island, where her mother takes her and her siblings - but she imagines that she does.

So, the girl she met obviously had had to be tested to see if she wouldn’t breathe underwater. Thus, she couldn’t really stand her siblings, the porpoise-shifter only tolerable and her non-kelpie triplets… well, they were her triplets. And they didn’t mind if she curiously bit them from time to time, if she hypnotized them afterwards or during. Simple yet effective.

There is a disturbance in the waters just north of her today. She knows she doesn’t own the sea for none could ever own such a moving thing… but she could rule it, she thinks.

Unlike the nereids who are more or less beach-dwellers, she’s perfectly fine with swimming to the depths.

The sapphire grulla kicks with her gold-pointed legs, landing in the water easily to simply have them merge into a form she is much more comfortable with, her tail still bearing a patch of gold at the end. She’s much faster in the water, and more deadly - but when she arrives at the disturbance, she sees they are familiar - or rather, it’s not like she met them, they look similar to her and so they’re probably related.

Father, she hears the other young kelpie say - a girl like her. Nilam feels both distance and a hint of jealousy at that - she doesn’t get very attached to any family, and yet she has something that Nilam doesn’t; a kelpie looking out for her.

There is… a cold form of rage. A burning wish to be first to meet him, to get to learn how to rule the waters first - and a power she hadn’t accessed before now blooms. She rewinds the time just a bit - for everyone except herself of course - so that the other kelpie girl moves backwards into the water, and then it is Nilam who is first to join him on the surface.

She isn’t so practised in what she would say to him, though. As the girl surfaces, right after the skull is cracked, she tilts her head at him. ”Need help with that?” Her teeth glisten in the half-dark of the cave entrance as she grins at him. He wouldn’t need help with the whale, but surely there was something else she could impress him with, so that he would teach her to rule the waves.

It is then that Tasi arrives, repeating her exact words and actions from before, but this time besides Nilam, and none the wiser.
    there is no new wave
    only the sea

@[Ivar] @[Tasi]
    mild powerplay with approval from Nyx ^^ but lemme know if you want something changed still

Messages In This Thread
    could i use you as a warning sign - by Ivar - 11-04-2019, 11:38 AM
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - by Tasi - 11-04-2019, 08:43 PM
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - by Nilam - 11-05-2019, 02:53 AM
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - by Ivar - 11-05-2019, 02:19 PM
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - by Tasi - 12-26-2019, 10:47 AM
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - by Nilam - 12-27-2019, 05:03 AM