• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  In search of a key you know is not there;
    Lightbulb 
    The things she spoke of seemed too fantastical to exist, even in a world where dragons flew and horses of every color roamed. It was beyond his own imagination to understand what she was describing. The world tray existed was the one he knew, and while it was certainly possible that what the gemstone girl spoke of existed on some plain, that plain was out of his reach.  

Did it matter though? So long as she returned to his side when time and space allowed, he would listen with rapt attention to what she knew. He would hold her close as one of his own. As strange as the words she spoke, he knew she wouldn't be Briella without them. 

His broad leathery wing swept over her shoulders, a cloak of creamy skin threaded through with gold and ice. The veins of cold that wove through both of them were a sign to his mind. A likeness that they had earned together when they were young. "I see," he mused aloud, following as well as he could. "I think you are wrong on one point though. You are not alone anymore." He grinned at her, nuzzling the soft skin of her neck. 

Her own touches were welcome, the edges of their forms meeting again and again as they drew closer together. "I've only just got you back, my treasure. Do you think I'd let you go again so soon?" He kissed a trail along the curve of her throat, biting gently at the thin skin at her jaw with predatory teeth. His tongue lapped at the tiny mark, erasing any pain he may have caused. 

"Come with me, to Loess. I intend to winter there with my kin. We can pay your aunt a visit, if you like. But I'd rather not lose you again." He murmured. To have her against him felt right and good, and he hated the idea of her leaving. For now, in the silvery light of the moon, it was enough to have found her again. 

@[Briella]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In search of a key you know is not there; - by Santana - 10-30-2019, 03:34 PM