• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Santana)
    Hmm, she enjoyed the way his mind worked like a predators too. He told Eyas that these trees and subtle valleys were his, so long as he stalked among them. Hearing such a thing caused Eyas wispy smile to grow; the birds of the sky and the creatures of the earth had seen his like and others like him for years now, coming and going while hunting these woods. The Forest served a purpose in many ways and still managed to replenish herself yearly, finding a natural order. Were Santana not around to keep the wildlife in check, they would spill into the kingdoms and push other creatures or plants to extinction.

His claimance is what makes her smile; this large plot of unnamed earth is his personal alcove. She’s nothing more than a passing visitor. Best he keeps thinking that.

“You could say I’m open to suggestions.” The haggard-looking mare laughed, almost surprising herself at the sound. The woodland dragon nodded off in one direction, unaware that he’d brought out something in her that Icicle Isle and the bitter winter months of the previous year had taken away. That laugh sounded a bit more level-headed than the first one, making her dark eyes sparkle with some inside joke. “Well…” She started, the word and her quick burst of happiness fading out before ‘Tana began speaking again.

“That’s very kind of you.” Eyas spoke gently, a stiff breeze rippling through her matted tail. “Considering we’ve only just met.”

A pause: Eyas quickly considered the advantages to having a dragon-kin accompany her wherever she chose to go, then she contemplated the danger of having him around at all. Too risky? She wondered. But this was no colt or youngling, no green-thumb out in the Forest. He’s a stallion grown, able to decide for himself… so let him decide.

“You’re taking a chance on chivalry, sir.” The scrawny hen pegasus told him, sighing with a tired smile before she adjusted her stance and turned to look in the direction of a promised pasture. “Protecting someone like me could come at a heavy price. Or it could reap an unknown reward… I can’t promise either. Your honor would be like a bond, or a gateway for me.”

She lifted a hoof and stretched it out, let it fall again into the carpet of dry leaves and felt satisfied at the crunching sounds. “Who knows where my journey could lead me?” The fuzzy buckskin whispered. She glanced back at Santana, admiring the traits in him that were so lost on others. “Still interested in being a white knight?”

@[Santana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Bruja Pony) - by Eyas - 10-23-2019, 02:01 PM