• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I beg for forgivness; Any!
    She starts when they are joined. Not from the sea, by her friend as expected. Instead they come from behind, quiet and agile in the shadows until their words give them away. The pale mare spun on her heel to face them, trusting the sea at her back far more than the stallions that now fill the cove. 

At first she is confused, never having met the newcomers, but the confusion melts like a jellyfish in the sun as words are exchanged. Cold anger replaces it as Ruinam and the newly known Vulgaris exchange their quiet threats, interjected by the dark stallion at Vulgaris' side. So this was the king who decided to put little Larke on a sand castle throne, to give her an island for a doll house. He was as much of a jerk as she'd figured he'd be, and that made this so much simpler.

The fins of her crest flared as shev stared down the new pair, eyes flashing with deep sea light. Her voice carried the rhythm of the sea as at last she broke her silence. "Excuse me? Vulgaris, isn't it?" Her voice was low and sweet, eyes blinking gently in the sun. "We've never met. I'm Aquaria, sister of Adria, resident of Ischia. And I gotta say, you're being a massive asshole today. Like, sperm whale sized." 

Her tone fell as she spoke, becoming laced with acid and distaste. She was a peaceful creature by nature, and she figured he knew that of her kind. Perhaps that's why he'd tried taking advantage of hers, and now clearly Ruinam's, island homes. Well enough was enough. 

Her emotions filled the air, leaving a saltwater tang as the ocean replied. Rivulets and trickles and dribbles defied gravity, pulled with unnatural gravity to the pale mare in response to her trepidation. The ocean wanted her safe. Just as she wanted it to be safe. Her loyalty was now and would always be to the sea and the island nestled in it's embrace. No king would change that. 

"You threaten Ruinam for asking for fairness. You threaten him for desiring peace! How dare you. We are not your playthings to be thrown about when you don't get your way. Either negotiate, or understand that we are not going to tolerate this any longer. Larke has done us no harm, and I wish her no ill will. But I will not stand here and watch as you throw us to the sharks for your own selfish plans." She paused for breath, ignoring the scales that sprouted along her skin, the tendrils of cold brine twisting along her legs. 

She was a daughter of the sea, and the sea could be dangerous. He seemed to have forgotten this, and her sense of subtly had gone out the window as soon as they'd been discovered. Time for hell to break loose. "If you want to have any kingdom left by the end of the day, I suggest you open your mind to the idea of giving a little bit. Before you lose it all." Small as she was, her stance stayed planted. This was beyond foolish. This was a death sentence. But it was what they had come to. If she suffered, it would be for her faith in her home. As she'd told Eva before. Either Vulgaris would be reasonable, or he could stuff a starfish in it. It looked like she needed to go find a starfish. 

@[vulgaris] @[Ruinam]

Messages In This Thread
    I beg for forgivness; Any! - by Ruinam - 10-19-2019, 03:23 PM
    RE: I beg for forgivness; Any! - by Aquaria - 10-21-2019, 01:53 PM
    RE: I beg for forgivness; Any! - by Ruinam - 10-21-2019, 04:54 PM
    RE: I beg for forgivness; Any! - by Aquaria - 10-21-2019, 05:16 PM
    RE: I beg for forgivness; Any! - by Maleficar - 10-21-2019, 06:44 PM
    RE: I beg for forgivness; Any! - by Ruinam - 10-21-2019, 07:21 PM
    RE: I beg for forgivness; Any! - by Aquaria - 10-21-2019, 07:48 PM
    RE: I beg for forgivness; Any! - by vulgaris - 10-21-2019, 08:31 PM