• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when the evening pulls the sun down - diplomats, shatter me
    when my time comes around
    lay me gently in the cold dark earth

She stands out amid the greenery, and while Errant had noticed her dozing in the shade upon his arrival, he hadn’t assumed that the red mare would be the one to greet him. The black stallion offers her a polite smile (nothing more) and nods his head in a passably friendly greeting.

“Hello Eld.” He replies, “My name is Errant. I’m here to see Shatter Me about our kingdoms’ relations.”

He adds neither his title or his homeland, both because they are unnecessary and he has never been particularly verbose. Eld might be a newcomer to Beqanna, but the horse he has arrived to see is not, and he expects recognition from the Queen of the Dazzling Waterfall at the very least. Errant is unsure who Brennen and Nihlus had met on their venture here. Perhaps this roan mare had been a part of that party, but Errant can’t be sure. Well, he supposes that he could be, but he is just past uncomfortable with the summer heat and does not feel like exerting himself.

The mare mentions the weather, and Errant turns his storm grey gaze back to her with a brief smile. “A little too warm for my tastes,” he responds, “But I doubt you would appreciate the year round snow that I prefer.” There’s a hint of humor in his tenor voice as he raises his head to squint at the sun. Errant briefly debates pulling a cloud over it to shield them, but decides against it as he turns back to see if Eld has anything to say in response to his request to see the Queen.

e r r a n t

no grave can hold my body down
    i'll crawl home to her

[Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when the evening pulls the sun down - diplomats, shatter me - by Errant - 08-18-2015, 09:09 AM