• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Along came a Light
    Though she does her best to wait patiently, the yearling does still fidget where she stands on the riverbank. Her hooves make little divots in the soft soil, but when she notices she does her best to be still, so that only her flicking navy tail and bright expression indicate her excitement.

"I like to explore!" Celina announces, pleased that she's found someone who does the same. "Except, I haven't really explored much yet. This is my first trip away from home alone. Well, almost." There was a brief battle between being truthful and remembering that her parents do not know of her nighttime visit to Hyaline, but she decides at the last moment that this stranger is probably unlikely to tattle on her to her parents.

The pale filly is further pulled from these thoughts by the other mare's introduction - Hunadi - and Celina repeats it once or twice to herself before nodding firmly, determining that yes: she'll remember. Sometimes Daddy says that she is as flighty as her fireflies and twice as forgetful, but Celina is quite sure she won't forget the bay mare's name.

"I'm exploring too!" She tells Hunadi, unaware of the concerns the older horse might have. Her mother had been concerned too, but Daddy had said that she was old enough to go on an adventure by herself, as long as she remembered the safety rule. And she does remember it, having repeated it to herself quite often.

When in doubt, jump off a cliff

There aren't cliffs here, of course, but she also doesn't think that Hunadi looks especially dangerous. And she's an explorer too, just like Celina imagines herself to be. ""Do you wanna go exploring with me? She offers. "Where you gonna go somewhere really cool? I like cool stuff!"

@[Hunadi]

Messages In This Thread
    Along came a Light - by Hunadi - 10-03-2019, 11:53 AM
    RE: Along came a Light - by Celina - 10-03-2019, 03:57 PM
    RE: Along came a Light - by Hunadi - 10-04-2019, 11:19 AM
    RE: Along came a Light - by Celina - 10-04-2019, 08:01 PM
    RE: Along came a Light - by Hunadi - 10-08-2019, 01:47 PM
    RE: Along came a Light - by Celina - 10-12-2019, 12:22 PM