• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if the heavens ever did speak; etro

and I ran back to that hollow again
    the moon was just a sliver back then
    and I ached for my heart like some tin man
    when it came, oh, it beat and it boiled and it rang

There is something in her that is attracted to the broken ones—to the dangerous ones. The ones with pointed, jagged edges that draw blood when a careless finger traces their outline. There is something in her that seeks it out and then settles around it—wrapping herself around the flame even when it burns too brightly and she gets singed. In the case of Kingslay, a literal burn, but alas—

She is daydreaming when the one with a broken mind finds her, and it takes her a second to bring herself out of her reverie—muddy brown eyes clearing with a slow blink, and then another. “I’m sorry?” her voice was silver bells, all chime and soft elegant lifts. It was, arguably, the only pretty part about her. The daughter of Vanquish and Yael, she had been given two loving, powerful parents and yet none of their striking appearance. She did not have her father’s imposing figure or her mother’s graceful one. Instead, she was stuck somewhere in between—muddy brown and long-limbed and average.

But Etro, oh Etro, she was anything but average. Constellations and destinies were trapped in her breast, and if she ever let loose the cannon of her abilities, she could wreck dynasties. She could topple wars and even playing fields; play benevolent or malicious god. But she knew none of this, thirsted for none of it. All she wanted was the burn of the desert without the illness. She wanted the comfort of her fathers shadow chasing her across the dunes, the comfort of her mother’s magic wrapping around her.

The sweet agony of Kingslay’s flat, unforgiving gaze.

Mistaking his question for one of more normal intent, she gives him a soft smile. “I’m Etro!” There was something odd about him, and although perhaps her pulse should have quickened in response, she did not feel any urge to flee. Instead, she pressed the softness of her nose against his neck in greeting, blowing out a warm breath against his flesh. “It is nice to meet you…” and here her voice trails off in question, waiting for him to fill in the blanks and give her his name in return.

Messages In This Thread
    if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by sleaze - 08-17-2015, 10:01 AM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 08-18-2015, 01:14 AM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 08-22-2015, 05:46 PM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 08-26-2015, 11:13 PM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 08-29-2015, 09:07 PM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 09-02-2015, 01:22 AM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 09-10-2015, 11:10 PM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 09-20-2015, 04:19 PM