• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

feral, though it's trivial

My pupils took a moment or two to adjust to the shifting shadows when I emerged carefully from the Pine wooded canopy. Evaluate. Everything lacked flaws. The sun was flawlessly blinding as it rose, the blades of grass at my fetlocks were flawlessly soft and thick, the clouds were flawlessly spaced in the flawlessly painted sky. They casted gentle shadows across the backs of the other females, who seemed to be created in some sort of god's pristine image. Everything here was simply impeccable.

And undoubtedly, I despised it. Where was the detail? The interesting twists and curls that the eye is privileged enough to be allowed to detect? The desperate mistakes that aren't typical mistakes, the mars in the painting that were first screw ups and then molded into the whole genius center of the piece? That place I once called home, it was what one might dub a masterpiece. I had at one brief point in my three years considered it so, though I had just been reminded of how significantly different the world is from my previous seclusion. This place wilted my spirit and sliced my empathy to bits. I wanted no part of this disgusting city.

It had been a careful month since I'd had contact with another being. My soul was simply too exhausted to tolerate the dimwhittedness I had been recently encountering within other horses. My brothers and sisters somehow adapted to Father's mindset, one of complete control and levelheadedness. The only provocative thoughts that seemed to cross their mind were those that entertained their future as a idiotic "unit," whom they could claim, to whom they could run to in time of need. A constant crutch was a necessity. That seemed anything but enticing to me, as I'm sure you already assumed. I was my mother's only child until recent time, her first piece of youth. She is perhaps the author of my novel, for lack of better words. Thinking of her made the gritty discomfort of this meadow fade a bit. I did miss her mutual bitterness for such lack of complexity. I wonder what she is doing in this moment...

Roushe

she was a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man and to no city

Messages In This Thread
    feral, though it's trivial - by Roushe - 08-18-2015, 12:46 AM
    RE: feral, though it's trivial - by demian - 08-18-2015, 02:48 AM
    RE: feral, though it's trivial - by Roushe - 08-19-2015, 11:05 PM