• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  i feel a bad moon rising; jesper
    A winter sun bathes Icicle Isle in its weak glow. Jesper's light gray pelt reflects the light almost as blindingly as the blanket of snow upon the frozen ground. His furry paws shift in the crusty powder as the canine adjusts his weight. He maintains his stance, standing before the navy-pointed pearl lady. Dark-rimmed furry lobes point towards Lepis as he awaits her response. "It's been a while", she says. He nods in agreement before his aquamarine gaze lifts to acknowledge how much the filly has matured. The bars on her legs and, extending from her withers are striking against her golden base.

At first, he is unable to distinguish between her natural markings and the many scars which deface her body. He does his best not to stare; though, the navy hairs that fill in the impressions left behind by hooves and teeth offer too much contrast to go unnoticed. Her mane drapes over the teeth marks along her crest and so, he does not see those. Jesper is certain she was unscathed the last time he laid eyes on her. He recalls their conversation in the woods. The one where he offered to come back for her, and Kwartz. But, Lepis made it clear that she was no prisoner; that she could leave of her own free will. Jesper wonders if the scars were Morty's doing when she tried to return home to Loess or, if they were entirely unrelated.

The fox adjusts his gaze to meet her gray-blue eyes. He would not dare ask who was responsible for the abuse as it is hardly appropriate for where this conversation is going. He waits to see if Lepis wishes to delve deeper into their briefly shared history but, she does not. For that, he is grateful. Her next words, said with a smile, pull his own lips into a smile. He politely listens to her list of goals for this visit. Only when she falls silent and, a visible exhale can be seen between them, does he respond. "Well, hello. There is not much to report about the Isle. We are a quiet few. Though, I do believe the fairies have blessed my lady and I with our first child. Plus, I intend to do some recruiting come the Spring. As for our loyalties, we answer to Nerine." Jesper did not feel the need to say more about the Isle's political ties. Nerine is the Isle's only political tie. But, Taiga is a territory of Nerine, as well. It isn't like a territory has many options in terms of alliances, right?

There is little more he wishes to divulge to the gold and navy female. Jesper studies her expression carefully as he collects his thoughts. After a moment, his level tone breaks through the crisp silence once more. "I would love to learn more about you and Taiga. I am afraid I know very little about Taiga's history. What are your plans for the redwood forest?"
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Lepis - 08-28-2019, 07:49 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Jesper - 08-30-2019, 08:27 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Lepis - 08-31-2019, 08:34 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Jesper - 09-09-2019, 06:26 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Lepis - 09-21-2019, 07:34 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Jesper - 10-01-2019, 06:46 AM