• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana]
    His head tipped in acknowledgment of her answer. It was all he could ask, that she present the idea to their twins. He had to prepare for the real possibility that they would want nothing to do with him. And he'd have nothing to stand on if they didn't. A tight smile creased his lips. "I'd appreciate you bringing it up with them." 

The broad sails of his wings dropped from his shoulders, tips trailing into the dry grass at their feet. This wasn't going well, he knew. He wasn't sure how else it could have gone, really, but it was still turning into a painfully difficult conversation. At her defensive response, he had to right himself not to react with similar frustration. 

The struggle to keep it away from his tone was more successful than his ability to keep it from his appearance. The longer they stood here, the less equine his body grew. He snorted a cascade of sparks, trying to marshal his thoughts into some kind of order. There was a pause before he felt he could speak, but when he did it was with an even tone. Living with his mother had gone a long way toward his emotional stability. 

"I did not mean to question your commitment, Venus. But its more than anyone could fairly ask to expect you to still want my company after so much neglect. No one would blame you for moving on with your life in every way. You deserve all that I haven't been around to give you." The somewhat longer than usual length of his tail flicked with anxiety, muscles roping along its length. His nerves were really starting to get to him. 

With a huff of smoky breath, he stared at her with brows knit tightly over his skull. Knowing His actions were inviting her wrath, he took the risk of dropping his head to her shoulder, shaking it with disbelief. "I didn't come here thinking you'd still want me." He admitted, wondering not for the first time what was wrong with him. Here was a beautiful, faithful mare, who had borne his children and stayed true with very little reason. He should count himself fortunate that she was willing to even consider following him. And yet he knew even now that he didn't, couldn't, belong to her alone. 

@[Venus]

Messages In This Thread
    Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 08-18-2019, 05:49 PM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 08-20-2019, 09:27 AM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 08-27-2019, 04:31 PM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 09-09-2019, 10:20 AM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Santana - 09-09-2019, 11:37 AM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 09-13-2019, 02:06 PM