• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

someone else's gain will be my loss, ghaul

do you think God stays in his heaven because he, too, lives in fear of what he has created?

He can’t see her fangs or the expression of her face, but he again mimics her and pulls his head back as well. His lips curl into something like a smile, little baby crocodile teeth glimmering jagged and uneven as the sound of her hiss. The sound is breathy and angry; makes him skitter back a step with his head tilted curiously. Ghaul returns her hiss, though his is soft and more of a test than anything. The sound lacks the ferocity of hers entirely though it ebbs into a delighted laugh. He’s learning so much so quickly.

The little fledgling remains still as she reaches out and touches her lips to his blood-caked scales. Her breath is hot and reminds him why he was so drawn to her angry red outline against the navy blues of the snow. A shiver tiptoes up his spine before he curls himself to her side again. His leathery wings flap eagerly before folding contentedly along his small back once more. But her question extinguishes the happiness thriving within him. What did he.. do..?

A short questioning croon leaves the back of his throat as he watches the red blotch of her head. “I did.. what I had to,” he replies, voice raspy and still soaked in amniotic fluid. He coughs and sends a spattering of all the blood and afterbirth toward her. The red peppers the snow but he doesn’t seem to notice or mind. His tongue snakes from his mouth and tastes the copper coating his lips as he thinks over her question. Did she assume he did something horrible to look this way? Should he have perished there in his mother’s womb instead?

No, he tells himself. Ripping her apart was certainly the correct path. A mother would want her child to thrive at any cost, even if that meant sacrificing her life for him. Perhaps she knew her child would be great, he thinks as a smile creeps across his small starry face.

What.. are you called?” he asks, reaching out to touch the fuzz of her mane with his lips. The hairs are a blur of burnt orange to him, a curious thing in a world so new.

ghaul

@[gospel]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: someone else's gain will be my loss, ghaul - by ghaul - 09-07-2019, 11:07 PM