• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana]
    Tana nodded slowly, taking in his children's names. Cynder and Spiro. Good names for fiery children. His children. The thought still rings in his mind, his anxiety making scales erupt like a rash across his skin. He's saying the wrong things, it's clear, but... He's still speaking his truth. His reasonsfor leaving had been good at the time, even if they'd worn out their welcome. 

"I'd like to meet them, if you're alright with it." He hoped she would be open to it. He wanted to meet their offspring, even with the very real chance that they would want nothing to do with them. His heart clenched, remembering his own reaction to his father's entry to their lives. It hadn't gone terribly well. But he owed it to his family to try and change the script. 

A sad smile twisted his lips as he listened to her description of the pair. Was this what it was like for Castile hearing about he and Raul for the first time? For certainly, there was more than a passing resemblance between his own pair of goals, and he and his own twin. 

His wings fluttered as they spoke, eyes watching her carefully. She was a kind mare. Too kind, when it came to him. A smoky sigh swung from his chest. "Yes. I'll keep you informed. And, Venus..." He blinked at her softly. "Please, think about this. About us, before you decide. I have long enjoyed your presence in my life, but I cannot devote all of myself to you. I enjoy herd life, being careguard of the mares that make up my family. If this is not for you, then I apologize. But it's what I want." 

His face grew still as the little monologue ended. She would not like this, he knew. But this was a time for honesty, before all else. It was something long past due between them. 

@[Venus]

Messages In This Thread
    Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 08-18-2019, 05:49 PM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 08-20-2019, 09:27 AM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 08-27-2019, 04:31 PM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Santana - 08-29-2019, 08:22 AM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 09-09-2019, 10:20 AM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 09-13-2019, 02:06 PM