• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Catcher
    He’s started to move, but she doesn’t notice, still too caught up in finding that perfect rock to jar him “awake”.  Finding the perfect candidate, she pulls and aims at the broadest side of him - she really didn’t want to hurt him afterall, just make her presence known - and with a simple wish, tosses it true towards her mark.  But it doesn’t land, instead she catches it midair, hovering just as she is, because during the span of her making a decision, he has finally awoken and pushed himself against the face of the stone behind him.  The unicorn can’t keep up with the succession of questions he asks, so she contents herself with staring wide-eyed until he seemed to be done.

“Did you do something to me?”

“No!” she scoffs at his accusation.  Well not really, anyway.  All she did was walk into the fist dream she felt.  It might have been unannounced, that’s true.  And she might not have cared whose dream she was trespassing upon.  And now that she thought about it, she supposed someone’s dreams could be pretty sacred and private.  She gulped; mother would be so appalled. 

Blinking away her thoughts, she looked back to the pegasus.  As she did, she noticed the rock still rotating precariously in mid-flight between them.  Giving the stone a side-eye and making a shifty glance back and forth between it and its target she says sheepishly, “Not yet.”   With a pop, the stone disappears into thin air.

The painted girl then realizes the right thing to do would be to answer the rest of his questions now and maybe apologize.  “My name is Catcher, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to startle you so much.”   A pillar of rock appears beneath her, then spans out in a bridge to connect to his perch.  Though to the eye, she finally has a solid place to rest her feet, she doesn’t approach him to give him some time to adjust to all of this.  He'd ask her how she got here, but she resolves to think maybe it best to let this sink in first. “This is your dream,” she offers with a timid smile.

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Catcher - by Catcher - 08-24-2019, 07:55 AM