• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

oh, my siren won't you call; any
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

Aegean does not realize just how unlike other visitors he must be like.

He has never stopped to think about his otherness, never worried that others may find him strange or different. He so little considers himself of this world anyway that it has never bothered him whether others thought him normal and so the fact that he comes simply to say hello does not strike him as odd.

He has no ulterior motives or things he wishes to find out.

He is just content to meet them.

As the girl runs toward him, squealing and then dancing away, he indulges her with a calm smile, the ripples atop his still waters never being disturbed. When she leaves with the others, he realizes that it is just him and the golden stallion and although the silence around them is in stark difference to the loudness that had just been there, he does not look uncomfortable. Instead, his ears just tip forward curiously.

“I did not find you aggressive,” his silver bell voice is direct but never blunt—the honesty of it just a thing to be stated and not weaponized. “But I would be glad to pass along the message to Kensa.”

If he remembers it.

When he asks further, Aegean rolls a delicate shoulder. “I would be glad to tell you such things, if I knew them, but as far as I know, the only leader within in Hyaline is Kensa herself.” There is no apology on his face even though he has admitted to knowing so little about his own hime. No embarrassment.

“I would be happy to tell you anything you would like to know—so long as I actually know it.”

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

Messages In This Thread
    oh, my siren won't you call; any - by aegean - 08-03-2019, 05:49 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by aegean - 08-03-2019, 08:37 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by Aten - 08-06-2019, 12:09 AM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by Owin - 08-07-2019, 03:04 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by aegean - 08-08-2019, 11:44 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by Aten - 08-10-2019, 01:26 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by aegean - 08-15-2019, 04:20 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by Aten - 08-19-2019, 12:25 AM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by aegean - 08-21-2019, 09:32 PM